TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Possession of a Firearm by a Felon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Possession of a Firearm by a Felon Login/Join 
posted
I have a person who as a juvenile went to TYC for Sexual Assault of a Child after 1996. Less than five years after he is released, he is carrying a firearm. Is the TYC adjudication sufficient for Possession of a Firearm by a Felon? Any caselaw would be helpful.

Posts: 13 | Location: Liberty, Texas | Registered: May 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This question has come up several times on this forum. Try a search using keywords (see search engine above).

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I asked the same type of question re TYC commitment as ane nhancement.The response was that it is not a conviction therefore it cannot be used to enhance. I would think the same would apply to your question.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post