TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Do you need a warrant?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Do you need a warrant? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
An ignore list? Woohoo! Oh wait, how many people have been ignoring me? Hello? Is anyone listening???!!!

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did someone just say something..?

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps we will get an answer.

The opening paragraph of the article.

"If the police arrest you, do they need a warrant to rifle through your cellphone? Courts have been split on the question. Last week the Obama administration asked the Supreme Court to resolve the issue and rule that the Fourth Amendment allows warrantless cellphone searches."

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SHANNON - I am torn: On one hand, the exlusion of Molly has definitely improved my blood pressure. On the other hand, I must now seek out alternate forms of work "entertainment".

Posts: 115 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Brent, tomorrow's legislative update will have to suffice for your TDCAA-supplied work entertainment this week.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you are saying that Leg. Update will be as entertaining as some of Molly's posts - You are setting the bar pretty high, my friend. Smile
We shall see....

Posts: 115 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As an ancient, I am not a technophobe. I just didn't grow up with the technology stuck to my ass. I can do math without a calculator, and can write in complete sentences. I know what pen and paper are for.

Oh, I also grew up with a modicum of manners that the younger generations seem to have not been taught.

I still find one unnamed person's contributions to this forum entertaining, informative, and a chance to try and educate them. I admit that some people refuse to be educated, and it's like talking to a wall.

But no offense.

Damn - it was pointed out that poor Molly has been deleted. I looked at her posts and got enjoyment, like the laugh riot I have every time I listen to a political show on TV, or any of talk radio. Ya wanna scream, but, dang, it it entertaining.

Oh well, so much for the cheap thrills. Buh-bye Molly!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: MDK27,

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Getting back to the topic...

Seems the feds are treating computers like luggage at the border, conducting searches without reasonable suspicion or a warrant.

Details.

Not surprisingly, the federal Ninth Circuit appellate court has taken a dim view of this approach:

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
Or, one could simply lead a law-abiding life and not worry about such things.

Because there's nothing legal that could be on your phone that a cop might take offense to, right? It wasn't that long ago that I spent my one and only night in jail. For being a "nig**r lover", because a MI trooper didn't like the photo of the young black woman in my wallet.

Posts: 1 | Registered: October 09, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post