TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Christmas Wish List
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Christmas Wish List Login/Join 
posted
As Christmas approaches, perhaps some of you have something in the way of a criminal justice present that you are hoping Santa to bring. This would be a good place to let Santa know what you want.

I personally wish that every prosecutor could have an Apple laptop computer with a free wire-less connection at any local courthouse, giving them access to all criminal histories and pen packets at the touch of a key. Nothing says Merry Christmas like a habitual enhancement.

What would you like?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A favorable ruling from the CCA on Stewart.

Posts: 7 | Location: Williamson County, TX | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A jury who gives a d@mn.

Posts: 40 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas | Registered: August 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Another ACA and an investigator, but alas, Commissioners Court is certainly NOT made up of Santas!

Posts: 19 | Location: Gainesville, Texas | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the words of Sandra Bullock's character in Miss Congeniality:

"Harsher sentences for parole violators ... [pause] . . . and world peace."

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A County Court At Law. Laymen should not even attempt to decipher and apply the law particularly with issues like "reverse extrapolation" lingering out there. Death to Constitutional County Courts!!!!!

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A couple of district judges worthy of the term "your honor."

Posts: 90 | Registered: August 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jolly old court bailiffs in all Texas courthouses with bags full of jury notes for the hard-workin' Texas prosecutors... Guess what those notes say. Yep, you guessed it! They all say, "Your honor, what is the difference between Life in prison and 99 years in prison?" Priceless! Merry Christmas to all and to all a good jury verdict!

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wish is that all the crooks I send to the joint or put on probation are rehabilitated, and after doing their time, not only cease to be criminals, but become upstanding members of their communities. For the male crooks my wish is that each is someday elected president of his local Lions or Rotary Club. And for the ladies, my wish is that each is elected president of her local Junior League.

And, while I'm at it, I also wish for World Peace.

And, oh yeah, Santa, about $4 million in cash forfeitures sure would be nice too.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mandatory blood or breath test for all dwi offenses and...

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
...that all of the children who have been sexually and physically abused can truly forget what they have been through.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Publicity of what some of our judges really do on the bench, and a voting public that cares enough to vote them out, plus worthy candidates to oppose them...

Posts: 95 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, now, Georgette, let's not get pie-in-the sky. There's a limit to what even Santy Claus can do.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Howdy Mike! In Fort Bend, I call it "The Note".
In the appropriate kind of case, when we hear there is a note, I always ask "Is it the note?" And of course, The Note says..."WHICH IS MORE, life in prison or 99 years?"

A small semantical difference that matters not in the end!

Posts: 37 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: July 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hate to get technical in this line of posts, but after Franks whether the sentence is 60+ years or "life" may indeed make a difference in the "end". I don't think that changes how "the note" is answered (or greeted) though. Santa, if you are listening, please grant just one of the above wishes and you will likely make a lot of good little boys and girls very happy.

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Actual jury note from State v. Henderson, F03-34709-UW (District Court # 363, Dallas County):

"What is the true definition of a 'life' sentence?" ---[signed by presiding juror]

... [next question, same paper] ...

"Which is more punitive -- Life or 99 yrs?"
---[signed by presiding juror]

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post