TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Deutschsprechende Staatsanwaelte?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deutschsprechende Staatsanwaelte? Login/Join 
posted
Es ist mir eingefallen, dass ich ueberhaupt keine Ahnung davon habe, ob es hier mehr Deutschsprechende Staatsanwaelte ausser mir gibt. Wenn Du auch Deutsch sprichst, sag es mir. Vielleicht treffen wir uns bei einer Tagung und reden Deutsch.

Posts: 124 | Location: West Texas | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Haben zie eine fishe hinter deine ligen oren?
Sorry about the spelling, but I take liberties.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, at least it's not Spanish.

Posts: 114 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well thats easy for them to say

Posts: 106 | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ich kann auch ein bischen Deutsch sprechen. (Although my grammar is still attrocious!)

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cet acadien parle seulement francais. Parlez-vous le francais ?

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Es tut mir leid, aber mein Deutsche ist schreckleich.

Posts: 264 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Quelle domage. Je ne parle-pas francais - seulement alemagne.

Posts: 124 | Location: West Texas | Registered: June 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sollen wir denn vielleicht eine Organisation gruenden, die VEREIN DEUTSCHSPRECHENDEN STAATSANWAELTE heisst? Einfach V-D-S?

posted Hide Post
Yes, we could start a new group, but who wants those initials?

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Turkce biliyor musunuz? Ben yedi sene Turkiye'da
oturdum. Yirmi sekiz sene ben ABD Hava Kuvvetlerindan calistim. Simdi, Delta County'da, ben buyuk savciyim.

Sonra gurusuruz!

Posts: 244 | Registered: November 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Deutschsprechende Verfolger. Das ist ein wenig furchtsames. Dopo parlerete italiano. Vergeet onze Nederlandse broers niet. Certamente o desearve portuguese uma linha. W mo'j obowiazek od ten swiat , rozmawianie polski jest wspo'lpracownik. Dwi 'n ddiball allwn gwna heb a Welch edau

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh boy, I wish I had learned Gaelic now! I can speak Deanvillese, but that is so colloquial, so to comment on all this German and French stuff, all I can say in Deanvillese is, "Ain't it." And as a Texan, I only speak french when I try to say, Voir Dire, and German when someone sneezes. Big Grin

Posts: 83 | Location: Caldwell,Texas,USA | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Tuck, my Portuguese and English for that matter, Eekis a little rusty, but, WHAT?

Posts: 83 | Location: Caldwell,Texas,USA | Registered: June 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who knows Joan? I just type stuff in a machine translator and typed what came out. I'm like you, my spanish gets me slapped, my german is only used to order sausage, and my Brazilain Portugese to watch Soccer. Yes, I watch Soccer Frown

Posts: 233 | Location: Anderson, Texas | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, if nothing else, we might get an idea of which prosecutors have a proficiency in some language besides English, huh?

I heard a lot of Turkish 10 years ago, when I was translating German for the DEA & U.S. Attorney in a heroin-smuggling case. One guy was Austrian & he brought 98 kg of Turkish heroin to Lubbock. Object was to test feasibility of getting heroin into the U.S., where it would then be traded to Columbians for cocaine. The Turks would distribute the cocaine in Europe for big bucks & the Columbians would distribute the heroin in the U.S. Austrian got caught here, because the Austrian cops were looking for him & tapped his girlfriend's phone back home, where they heard him tell her, he was in Lubbock. They called DEA, DEA called me.

Anyway, I ended up listening to recorded calls between the Austrian & several Turkish co-conspirators (some of whom were in prison!) orchestrating this heroin-for-cocaine deal. The Austrian did not speak Turkish & most of the Turks spoke German, so I got to listen to, trascribe & translate the calls, as well as court documents from priors several of the defendants had in Germany & Austria. Several times, I heard Turkish being screamed in the background and sometimes, the defendants would greet each other in Turkish before launching into German. The case wound up with arrests in New York, L.A., Lubbock & London. Why Lubbock? The Austrian had met a Lubbock businessman at several overseas vending machine conventions - that was his legitimate business. Since the Lubbockite was the only American the Austrian knew, he picked Lubbock as the place to go w/ the dope. How nice for us, huh? All defendants, even those busted in N.Y., L.A. & London got tried in Lubbock, America. They all got lots of time & one has already expired in prison from a heart attack.

[This message was edited by Trey Hill on 07-22-05 at .]

posted Hide Post
So you know "GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAL" In at least two languages, right?

posted Hide Post
Eu tambem falo um pouco portugues. Tenho bom amigo brasileiro que mora na cidadinha de Orlandia, perto de Riberao Preto no estado de Sao Paulo. Ele foi estudante de intercambio que morava com a minha familia. Quase nunca nao falo portugues.

posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Trey Hill:
Well, if nothing else, we might get an idea of which prosecutors have a proficiency in some language besides English, huh?

I'm still wait'n for someone who is proficient in English to show up. Big Grin It certainly ain't gonna be me.

posted Hide Post
CASSIUS: Did Cicero say any thing?

CASCA: Ay, he spoke Greek.

CASSIUS: To what effect?

CASCA: Nay, an I tell you that, I'll ne'er look you i' the face again: but those that understood him smiled at one another and shook their heads; but, for mine own part, it was Greek to me. I could tell you more news too: Marullus and Flavius, for pulling scarfs off Caesar's images, are put to silence. Fare you well. There was more foolery yet, if I could remember it.

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post