Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crazy Defense Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I used to miss going fishing. But now . . .

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For an interesting debunking of the mythical Twinkie Defense, check out this link.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a blaze of mixed metaphors, the defense argued that teenager Malvo was not responsible for his work as a sniper. Anyone buying it?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try this:

http://faculty.ncwc.edu/toconnor/excuse.htm

No guarantee this list, or any part of it, is for real.

A.D.

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hinckley, the man with the original crazy defense, gets to go visit his mom and dad for the holidays without supervision. So says the judge.

posted Hide Post
News flash: Research indicates that young people have trouble controlling their impulses. And, apparently, that means they couldn't help themselves. A new defense on the horizon?

posted Hide Post
The jury rejected the Malvo puppet defense.

posted Hide Post
But, they also rejected the death penalty, so maybe it wasn't such a crazy defense. Do you think the defense influenced the punishment?

posted Hide Post
Just finished an assault public servant case where the defendant claims that he bit the jailer's finger as he was being placed in a restraint chair due to the fact that he suffers acute homophobia in a prison/jail setting. Jury was not impressed and found him guilty.

At least his attorney was no so bold as to ask for an instruction on this issue.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert, you forgot the same guy's defense/excuse for why he went nuts in the courtroom at a prior setting, resulting in the counsel table being overturned and the defendant being dragged from the courtroom with expletives flying. The defense... I was trying to make a movie about the way law enforcement will abuse or even kill you if you do the slightest little thing.

Reminds me of the classic Steve Martin excuse... "Your Honor. I forgot armed robbery was illegal."

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see Martha Stewart is posting her defense on a website. As a prosecutor, I do appreciate the notice: Click here for website.. Perhaps other defendants will follow her lead and take us into a new and refreshing development of open defense discovery.

posted Hide Post
Now, apparently, you have to be careful that your undercover narcotics officer isn't too good looking. This judge bought an entrapment defense based on the officer being too attractive. This is one strange world we live in.

posted Hide Post
I had a meth cook caught with over 4 gms under 200 gms and cocaine at his rural home, all packaged for sale, who told my officers, "I needed to sell the stuff so I could afford to adopt my second child."

Posts: 9 | Location: Corsicana, Texas USA | Registered: February 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Remember our German cannibal who posted a request for victims willing to be killed and eaten? Well, his defense of consent couldn't have been too crazy. He got convicted of manslaughter and only got 8 and one-half years in prison. I would hate to be his parole officer. Read the article.

posted Hide Post
Justin Timberlake provides the absolute latest in crazy defenses. He says he exposed Janet Jackson's breast because of a "wardrobe malfunction." Are you buying it?

posted Hide Post
This is no more than the logical extension of the time-tested defense to college--hijinks-gone-awry that the principal cause was a beverage malfunction.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Apparently, Ms. Jackson is now sorry that her stunt with Timberlake went too far.

Mr. Timberlake, however, doesn't appear to be too upset.

Janet Apologizes, Says Stunt Went Too Far

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How would you describe Martha Stewart's defense so far? Maybe, "You misunderstood what I said," or "I really can't recall?"

posted Hide Post

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you notice that the diva phoned in her appearance?