Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Crazy Defense Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I wonder if defense attorneys reading this case will breath a sigh of relief. After all, had this gone the other way, there would've been a case holding that a defense attorney's representation falls below prevailing professional norms for failing to measure a client's penis upon request.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I've heard of certain sleazy defense lawyers asking their clients to perform that type of "measurement" in exchange for legal services rendered, but never the other way around.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This certainly gives new meaning to the term "factual insufficiency".

Posts: 104 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a defendant claim one time that he was too big to have committed the crime (forward your queries to him care of TDC for more details), but never one claiming a lack of corpus delicti.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back in my misdemeanor days, the court coordinator for my judge kept suggesting I ask the trial court to forfeit the weapon in these kinds of cases.

Posts: 218 | Location: Victoria, Texas | Registered: September 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'll bet he'd be happy to hear it referred to as a weapon.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Meiwes had argued that the death in 2001 of Bernd Juergen Brandes should be classified as a mercy killing and maintained that his sentence was disproportionate.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Vitapro?

"Soylent Green is People!" I think.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A driver in Mexico got himself into a sticky situation when he pulled over to help a woman whose pickup appeared to be broken down by the highway.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A Kentucky man accused of strangling his wife is poised to claim excessive caffeine from sodas, energy drinks and diet pills left him so mentally unstable he couldn't have knowingly killed her, his lawyer has notified a court.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100920/ap_on_re_us/us_caffeine_defense

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Isn't is usually the LACK of coffee that sets people off? Frown

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Defendant: "My hair is too wiry and doesn't move like the person's in the surveillance video."

Jury: Not guilty!

Good hair

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post