TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Billion with a B
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Billion with a B Login/Join 
posted
Man, what kind of a lawyer are you if you can't convince the judge to reduce a 2 billion dollar bond? Couldn't you just argue for one billion?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I thought I had a bad day at the office. . .

I agree with John!

Posts: 41 | Location: Arlington, Texas | Registered: February 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you think the response would be from the defense if the Judge said she would accept, in addition to a cash bond equal to the defendant's total known net worth, the defense attorney's signing on as sureties in some 8 figure amount?

Do ya think they'd jump on that?

Me neither.

Posts: 37 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: July 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Although the stories on the TV show Law and Order are generally not very flattering for prosecutors, they do have a great approach to arraignment and bail setting. The judge, always listens to the defense ask for a personal bond; the prosecutor remind the judge that the defendant killed someone in some horrible way; and then the judge sets a magnificent bond amount.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post