TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Voter Fraud Help!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Voter Fraud Help! Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know where to find the statute that makes it a 3rd degree felony to knowingly vote in an election for which the voter is ineligible to vote? That's the warning that is printed on a provisional ballot. I've scoured the election code, with no success. I'd appreciate any help.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ELECTION CODE
TITLE 6. CONDUCT OF ELECTIONS
CHAPTER 64. VOTING PROCEDURES
SUBCHAPTER A. VOTING GENERALLY

Section 64.012. Illegal Voting

(a) A person commits an offense if the person:

(1) votes or attempts to vote in an election in which the person knows the person is not eligible to vote;

(2) knowingly votes or attempts to vote more than once in an election;

(3) knowingly impersonates another person and votes or attempts to vote as the impersonated person; or

(4) knowingly marks or attempts to mark another person's ballot without the consent of that person.

(b) An offense under this section is a felony of the third degree unless the person is convicted of an attempt. In that case, the offense is a Class A misdemeanor.

Posts: 24 | Location: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: March 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ben! Our paper copy of the Election Code has gone AWOL, and I had no luck online.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes it is easier, and much quicker, to search through the election code, or any other code, in a Word document or an Adobe Acrobat (.pdf) document. Either can be downloaded from http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/el.toc.htm

Once it is on your computer, the searching is very fast because it is just text.

Posts: 24 | Location: Dallas, Texas, USA | Registered: March 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post