Find
Notify
Tools
Mean Cable Guy Login/Join 
posted
We need help on this one

I have been chaged with an Assualt / Deadly weapon
weapon Being a "shotgun"

Two days berfore Thanksgiving 2005,.. My wife had recieved a phone cal from A Time Warner Rep. reqesting payment of service bill.He wanted her to pay over the phone but my wife refused .she said we would go by the payment center and make payment on the way out. But that the payment would be paid that day.He was upset about the whole thing of us not giving him our credit card info, but he isisted that we pay but began to rude verbaly,so she hung up on him .So end of conversation.
So we were getting ready to leave to my parents house about 5 miles away from us .So we were packing everything that my parents were going to need for that thanksgiving dinner. That all took about 20 mins. after we had recieved the call from the Time Warner rep. So we are fixing to leave out the door and we get a knock on the door. I open the door and this guy lets himself in demanding in his exact words "give me the money or the stuff" (at this time we did not know this was the cable guy /no id /no uniform presented)and i am like what are you talkin about, and he proceeded further in my house and demanded the same so i told hime to get out now or i will use (at this time i am pointing at my shotgun)so doing so the guy say's "ill be right back" .After all that had happen it took us about 5 mins to settle down and leave .So on the way out the door agian there are officers on the second level of the apartment complex right below my apartment door. Officers tell me to hit the floor and that i am being arrested for aggravated assault/deadly weapon.Officers had said that victim had said that i had pumped the shotgun and pointed it at him and told him to get out of my house.Officers proceeded into my appartment and asked me where the shotgun was i told them where it was (shot was still the same spot where i had pointed it to the cable guy)one of the officers yeld out to other officer told him that it was not loaded. and they proceeded with the arrest. And took me to jail.

Posts: 1 | Location: Houston TX USA | Registered: July 18, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
This website is not intended to advise people about what to do about their charges, but is designed to allow prosecutors to discuss issues relevant to their jobs. I would suggest that you hire an attorney to help you with your problem. Good luck.

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
And thank you for the voluntary statement.