TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    �Robin Hood of Rustlers�?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

�Robin Hood of Rustlers�? Login/Join 
posted
Since when did we start romanticizing rustlers?

Link

Posts: 51 | Location: Throckmorton County, Texas | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This guy was glorified in Texas Monthly a couple years back also

Posts: 28 | Location: TX, USA | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In days past, his health would not have been an issue. He would have long since been buried after the hangman had done his job. Raising livestock myself, I find nothing romantic in his criminal conduct. Margins are already very small for ranchers. And, I don't see anything about him using the animals or the proceeds to help out others who were less fortunate.

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow, someone in jail who is remorseful. What is this world coming to?

Posts: 267 | Location: Mansfield, Texas | Registered: August 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good on Staley for calling a thief a thief. I met Staley once at a CLE and found him to be an honest, straightforward prosecutor with a good head on his shoulders. The limited information in that article has reaffirmed my earlier assessment.

Posts: 79 | Location: Williamson County | Registered: August 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess maybe he shoulda thought about his medical condition when he was doing all of that "Robin Hooding" around. If he's doing time in the medical unit at Central, then he's not doing as hard a time as he could be doing in TDCJ.

The cattle rustling cases I've handled have almost all involved cracked or methed out thieves, who used the proceeds of their crimes for more dope. Nothing romantic about a meth'd out cowboy.

Every victim I've had of this sort of crime was hard working and worked hard for what they had. None were rich. This crooks benefactor should pay back his victims whether he gets out of jail or not, if he wants to be a good guy.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love the comments at the end of the article. The article itself made me want to lose my lunch. I have met Staley as well. Way to go Staley.

Posts: 106 | Location: Uvalde, Texas | Registered: May 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
for someone to explain to me what part of this is "Robin Hood". Wasn't he the thief who stole from the rich to give to the poor? I didn't see anything in the article that said he gave anything to anyone other than to himself. Why are they repeating his self-appointed nickname has no basis in reality?

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post