TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Subsequent Writ in Death Penalty Case
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Subsequent Writ in Death Penalty Case Login/Join 
posted
The defendant's execution is scheduled for Thursday. I understand that his attorneys plan to file a second subsequent writ petition on the issue of mental retardation, which has already been raised and litigated. Is there anyone out there who has handled these last minute writs on the state side that can offer some tips on the proper resposnes? Thanks.

Posts: 47 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suggest contacting Roe Wilson at the Harris County DA's Office. She prorbaly has more experience than anyone else in Texas aside from the AAGs. Roe wrote the TDCAA Capital Writ manual.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robert:

Talk to Lee Hon--DA of Polk County--he handled the Penry case up and down and up and down--I'm sure he has experience handling the issues you're dealing with.

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post