Don't you Hate Warm Beer

This topic can be found at:
https://tdcaa.infopop.net/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/157098965/m/4761022141

December 05, 2006, 15:32
JDL
Don't you Hate Warm Beer
ST. LOUIS: Warm beer led to killing, police say

12/04/2006

A St. Louis man was shot to death Sunday night over a warm beer, police said.

St. Louis police say a woman shot her husband, who was about 70 years old, four to five times in the chest after he tried giving her a warm can of Stag beer.

Police said the wife admitted shooting him about 5:40 p.m. in the kitchen of their home in the 5100 block of Terry Avenue. Police said the home had no electricity at the time.

Homicide detectives would not identify the man. The woman, whom police also did not identify, was taken into custody.
December 05, 2006, 15:47
Scott Brumley
Was it that it was warm, or that it was Stag?
December 05, 2006, 16:04
Gretchen
She was mad because he was trying to have a stag party.
December 05, 2006, 16:09
A.P. Merillat
St Louis has announced that the city will add a hearing test to the mandated pre-licensing hunter's safety course. The new requirement stems from a recent shooting where the victim evidently told his wife he was "hunting a beer" but the woman thought he said he was "hunting deer." According to the woman, she certainly heard the victim yell out from the kitchen area, which happens to overlook the family deer lease, "Oh, here's a stag!" So, naturally, the huntress sent off a round from her Beretta, hoping to nail one of those trophy St. Louis bucks.

"What would you do?!" she screamed at the arresting officer, who reportedly tried to reassure the shooter that he did understand, but going downtown was simply a formality.
December 06, 2006, 08:32
GG
What the heck is a Stag beer? Is that really a brand? Am I really so sheltered in my middle age that I don't know a crappy brand of beer?

I mean, I could see getting upset over an Olde English 800 or something...
December 06, 2006, 08:35
GG
quote:
St. Louis police say a woman shot her husband, who was about 70 years old, four to five times in the chest after he tried giving her a warm can of Stag beer.

Police said the home had no electricity at the time.

OK, so at least experienced investigators know that since the electricity was off that the toaster/microwave/tv wasn't sending momma telepathic instructions from space aliens or the CIA to kill papa.
December 06, 2006, 08:44
Shannon Edmonds
Shot to death over warm beer?

Now I know why the Brits aren't allowed to have guns.
December 06, 2006, 09:17
JMH
There's something might suspicious here. My Sis lives in Kansas City and it's been extremely cold up yonder and since the electricity was off, one would logically conclude that the beer should have been cold, per se. So, if it was warm, one has to wonder....
OK, maybe not.
December 06, 2006, 09:22
PG
Stag is a regional beer much like Shiner Bock used to be, but not near as tasty. Having a wife from St. Louis and a father in law that loves Stag, I have had a few. They aren't very good cold, and I can imagine how bad they might be warm.

So, I sympathize....
December 06, 2006, 09:29
bobs53
Stag is a beer local to that area....It's really bad...In the category with Falstaff...another cheap local beer....I'm not sure it's a shooting offense though.
December 06, 2006, 11:50
GG
I just received a call from the TBA (Texas Banjo-ist Association) and they have formally adopted Stag Beer as the official beer of the TBA.

There is also an unsubstantiated rumor that Ned Beatty will now become the official spokesperson for the TBA. I'm waiting to hear from AP on that one...
December 06, 2006, 12:16
A.P. Merillat
Greg, Greg, Greg -- there is only one possible reponse, and I know you know what it has to be. Why even Scott B. will know what it has to be. Heck, I'll bet Erik even knows. Ned, as the spokesperson for the TBA, has pre-recorded his comments on every subject addressed by the association, ever and for all time: those comments are found in the audio portion of the "D" movie in scene 64 - right after Ned whines for "Louis...Louis...whaa, whaa whaa, Louis...". The comments resemble failed attempts at squeals of the pork variety. They can be applied to every question put to the TBA, of which I am nominating you, Greg with the hard-to-spell last name, fund raiser and honorary 1st chair banjo picker.
December 06, 2006, 12:16
Scott Brumley
Their new advertising slogan to accompany the beer's newfound status as the flagship brand of Lone Star banjo pickers:

Noodle up a Stag. It goes down ... and usually stays there.
December 06, 2006, 13:29
GG
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
Greg, Greg, Greg -- there is only one possible reponse, and I know you know what it has to be. Why even Scott B. will know what it has to be. Heck, I'll bet Erik even knows. Ned, as the spokesperson for the TBA, has pre-recorded his comments on every subject addressed by the association, ever and for all time: those comments are found in the audio portion of the "D" movie in scene 64 - right after Ned whines for "Louis...Louis...whaa, whaa whaa, Louis...". The comments resemble failed attempts at squeals of the pork variety. They can be applied to every question put to the TBA, of which I am nominating you, Greg with the hard-to-spell last name, fund raiser and honorary 1st chair banjo picker.

If nominated, I refuse to run. If elected or appointed, I must respectfully decline to serve.
In my stead, however, may I suggest appointing Mr. Scott Durfee, as I understand he once wanted to be a banjo-ist.
December 06, 2006, 13:52
A.P. Merillat
Lucky you, Greg. I just seconded for Erik and Sarah, then voted for the band, and you won. Congratulations. Besides Durfee never gets serious; he's always guffawing and making light of every little thing, kidding around and not to mention, tickling those little ivories.
Exit only, man.
December 06, 2006, 14:23
Rebecca Gibson
If the couple had just thought enough about their own comfort to have paid their electricity and cable bills, then they would not have missed the Myth Busters episode regarding cooling beer down 'quickly' from a room temp around 68 degrees.

1. Quickest Way - Fire Extinguisher - 3 ms to about 38 degrees.

2. Next - Ice and salt water - 5 minutes to around 38 degrees.

3. Next - Ice and water, but I forgot how long that took because 5 minutes sounded good to me.

4. Least Effective - put it in the fridge.

That kind of information could save a life!! Good to know.
December 06, 2006, 15:08
GG
quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca Gibson:

1. Quickest Way - Fire Extinguisher - 3 ms to about 38 degrees.

2. Next - Ice and salt water - 5 minutes to around 38 degrees.

That kind of information could save a life!! Good to know.

These two tidbits of tv trivia will probably be very useful to many.
December 06, 2006, 15:45
Boyd Kennedy
You can also cool a beer down in a hurry by spinning it on ice. I don't understand why, but spinning the can cools it a lot faster than just putting it on ice and waiting for nature to take its course.
December 06, 2006, 16:06
John Stride
In the right circumnstances, there's nothing wrong with warm beer. On cold nights in the old country we even mull the real stuff, i.e., stick a hot poker in the mug to raise the temperature. Helps to reduce the number of bathroom visits!! Of course, any light beers can't be improved if you heat or chill them!
December 06, 2006, 16:06
Michael Hess
This would probably also explain the rash of fire extinguisher thefts around local frat houses.