TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Don't you Hate Warm Beer
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Don't you Hate Warm Beer Login/Join 
posted
ST. LOUIS: Warm beer led to killing, police say

12/04/2006

A St. Louis man was shot to death Sunday night over a warm beer, police said.

St. Louis police say a woman shot her husband, who was about 70 years old, four to five times in the chest after he tried giving her a warm can of Stag beer.

Police said the wife admitted shooting him about 5:40 p.m. in the kitchen of their home in the 5100 block of Terry Avenue. Police said the home had no electricity at the time.

Homicide detectives would not identify the man. The woman, whom police also did not identify, was taken into custody.

Posts: 70 | Location: Hunt County | Registered: February 27, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Was it that it was warm, or that it was Stag?

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
She was mad because he was trying to have a stag party.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
St Louis has announced that the city will add a hearing test to the mandated pre-licensing hunter's safety course. The new requirement stems from a recent shooting where the victim evidently told his wife he was "hunting a beer" but the woman thought he said he was "hunting deer." According to the woman, she certainly heard the victim yell out from the kitchen area, which happens to overlook the family deer lease, "Oh, here's a stag!" So, naturally, the huntress sent off a round from her Beretta, hoping to nail one of those trophy St. Louis bucks.

"What would you do?!" she screamed at the arresting officer, who reportedly tried to reassure the shooter that he did understand, but going downtown was simply a formality.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What the heck is a Stag beer? Is that really a brand? Am I really so sheltered in my middle age that I don't know a crappy brand of beer?

I mean, I could see getting upset over an Olde English 800 or something...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
St. Louis police say a woman shot her husband, who was about 70 years old, four to five times in the chest after he tried giving her a warm can of Stag beer.

Police said the home had no electricity at the time.

OK, so at least experienced investigators know that since the electricity was off that the toaster/microwave/tv wasn't sending momma telepathic instructions from space aliens or the CIA to kill papa.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Shot to death over warm beer?

Now I know why the Brits aren't allowed to have guns.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's something might suspicious here. My Sis lives in Kansas City and it's been extremely cold up yonder and since the electricity was off, one would logically conclude that the beer should have been cold, per se. So, if it was warm, one has to wonder....
OK, maybe not.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stag is a regional beer much like Shiner Bock used to be, but not near as tasty. Having a wife from St. Louis and a father in law that loves Stag, I have had a few. They aren't very good cold, and I can imagine how bad they might be warm.

So, I sympathize....

Posts: 14 | Location: Montgomery County | Registered: December 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Stag is a beer local to that area....It's really bad...In the category with Falstaff...another cheap local beer....I'm not sure it's a shooting offense though.

Posts: 17 | Location: Midland, Tx. | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just received a call from the TBA (Texas Banjo-ist Association) and they have formally adopted Stag Beer as the official beer of the TBA.

There is also an unsubstantiated rumor that Ned Beatty will now become the official spokesperson for the TBA. I'm waiting to hear from AP on that one...

posted Hide Post
Greg, Greg, Greg -- there is only one possible reponse, and I know you know what it has to be. Why even Scott B. will know what it has to be. Heck, I'll bet Erik even knows. Ned, as the spokesperson for the TBA, has pre-recorded his comments on every subject addressed by the association, ever and for all time: those comments are found in the audio portion of the "D" movie in scene 64 - right after Ned whines for "Louis...Louis...whaa, whaa whaa, Louis...". The comments resemble failed attempts at squeals of the pork variety. They can be applied to every question put to the TBA, of which I am nominating you, Greg with the hard-to-spell last name, fund raiser and honorary 1st chair banjo picker.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Their new advertising slogan to accompany the beer's newfound status as the flagship brand of Lone Star banjo pickers:

Noodle up a Stag. It goes down ... and usually stays there.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
Greg, Greg, Greg -- there is only one possible reponse, and I know you know what it has to be. Why even Scott B. will know what it has to be. Heck, I'll bet Erik even knows. Ned, as the spokesperson for the TBA, has pre-recorded his comments on every subject addressed by the association, ever and for all time: those comments are found in the audio portion of the "D" movie in scene 64 - right after Ned whines for "Louis...Louis...whaa, whaa whaa, Louis...". The comments resemble failed attempts at squeals of the pork variety. They can be applied to every question put to the TBA, of which I am nominating you, Greg with the hard-to-spell last name, fund raiser and honorary 1st chair banjo picker.

If nominated, I refuse to run. If elected or appointed, I must respectfully decline to serve.
In my stead, however, may I suggest appointing Mr. Scott Durfee, as I understand he once wanted to be a banjo-ist.

posted Hide Post
Lucky you, Greg. I just seconded for Erik and Sarah, then voted for the band, and you won. Congratulations. Besides Durfee never gets serious; he's always guffawing and making light of every little thing, kidding around and not to mention, tickling those little ivories.
Exit only, man.

posted Hide Post
If the couple had just thought enough about their own comfort to have paid their electricity and cable bills, then they would not have missed the Myth Busters episode regarding cooling beer down 'quickly' from a room temp around 68 degrees.

1. Quickest Way - Fire Extinguisher - 3 ms to about 38 degrees.

2. Next - Ice and salt water - 5 minutes to around 38 degrees.

3. Next - Ice and water, but I forgot how long that took because 5 minutes sounded good to me.

4. Least Effective - put it in the fridge.

That kind of information could save a life!! Good to know.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rebecca Gibson:

1. Quickest Way - Fire Extinguisher - 3 ms to about 38 degrees.

2. Next - Ice and salt water - 5 minutes to around 38 degrees.

That kind of information could save a life!! Good to know.

These two tidbits of tv trivia will probably be very useful to many.

posted Hide Post
You can also cool a beer down in a hurry by spinning it on ice. I don't understand why, but spinning the can cools it a lot faster than just putting it on ice and waiting for nature to take its course.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the right circumnstances, there's nothing wrong with warm beer. On cold nights in the old country we even mull the real stuff, i.e., stick a hot poker in the mug to raise the temperature. Helps to reduce the number of bathroom visits!! Of course, any light beers can't be improved if you heat or chill them!

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This would probably also explain the rash of fire extinguisher thefts around local frat houses.

Posts: 70 | Location: Sinton, Texas, USA | Registered: January 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post