TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Sexual Assault & Paternity Testing & DNA Labs in Texas
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Sexual Assault & Paternity Testing & DNA Labs in Texas Login/Join 
posted
Which lab(s) give the best turn-around time on paternity testing in Sexual Assault cases? Has anyone had trouble using an out of state lab?

Have swabs that I need to submit and don't want to learn "after the fact" that the lab we used has problems.

Thanks in advance.

Laurie English

[This message was edited by Laurie K. English on 08-09-06 at .]

Posts: 34 | Location: 112th Judicial District | Registered: March 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used University of North Texas Health Science Center (Fort Worth). I think we used them because our local DPS lab did not perform paternity testing.

They did testing in 1 month.

E-mail me if you would like further info.

hess88@worldnet.att.net

Posts: 70 | Location: Sinton, Texas, USA | Registered: January 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be careful with out of state labs. They must be accredited by DPS in order for the results to be admissible in a criminal case. Art. 38.35(d)(1).

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Michael Hess:
I used University of North Texas Health Science Center (Fort Worth). I think we used them because our local DPS lab did not perform paternity testing.

They did testing in 1 month.

E-mail me if you would like further info.

hess88@worldnet.att.net)

I have used the same lab for both missing persons testing and for testing fetal remains. They rock.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might also look into Orchid - Cellmark, which is located in Dallas, Texas.

http://www.orchidcellmark.com/

Posts: 18 | Location: Leander, Tx, USA | Registered: July 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post