TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Toll on Statute of Limitations - Fraud
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Toll on Statute of Limitations - Fraud Login/Join 
posted
I am on a trip at the moment and don't have any codes with me.

A question has arisen regarding a person that falisfied an application for a birth certificate after a live birth. The person put down the incorrect mother and father on the birth certificate.

Now, I know this is a 3rd degree felony under the Health and Safety Code, but is the statue of limitations tolled until this fraud is discovered?

Thanks!

John

Posts: 115 | Location: Andrews, Texas | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey, if you have access to the internet, nowadays, you have access to the law. For example, the State maintains a site for all Texas laws. Just click here.

The day is coming when even laptops become unnecessary. We will only need some small device that accesses the internet, where all things already exist. The iPhone is headed in that direction.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the links John.

Is there a free database to case law?

John L. Pool

Posts: 115 | Location: Andrews, Texas | Registered: June 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great link, found the statute (12.01 & 12.03), nothing there on the type of tolling I am looking for. I will double check case law.

Thanks again,

John

posted Hide Post
Every office in Texas should have an account with Westlaw or Lexis. We get a tremendous discount on the service, as was negotiated through the judiciary. That way, you always have a law library on your computer. Trust me, your office can afford it.

While there are some free case law sites, including one through the State Bar, they are limited and not nearly as broad in libraries as Westlaw and Lexis.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post