TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Oh No He Didn't!
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oh No He Didn't! Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
(I thought about posting this on John B.'s "Frog as a Deadly Weapon" thread because it says he was charged w/ aggravated assault, but it doesn't say what "weapon" was actually alleged ... but I didn't want to bring down John's thread any lower than it already was ....)

Man severs own penis, throws it at officers

March 17, 2006
Chicago Sun-Times

Before cops threw the book at him, Jakub Fik threw something unusual at them -- his penis.

Fik, 33, cut off his own penis during a Northwest Side rampage Wednesday morning. When confronted by police, Fik hurled several knives and his severed organ at the officers, police said. Officers stunned him with a Taser and took him into custody.

"We took him out without any serious injury, with the exception of his own," said Chicago Police Sgt. Edward Dolan of the 16th District.

Doctors at Northwestern Memorial Hospital reattached Fik's penis Wednesday, sources said. He was listed in good condition Thursday, according to hospital spokesman Andrew Buchanan, who declined to comment further.

Smashing car windows

Fik, who lives in the 5400 block of W. Berenice, is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of criminal damage to property, said Officer Laura Kubiak. He told paramedics he was distraught over problems with his girlfriend in Poland, Dolan said.

Police arrived on Fik's block at 8:20 a.m. Wednesday after receiving reports he was smashing car windows, Dolan said. Fik then broke into a house down the block. A group of six or seven officers assembled in front of the house, Dolan said.

The occupants were not home, he added.

Fik was bleeding when the officers arrived and may have already cut off his organ, Dolan said.

"At that point, this guy came running out, naked, with a handful of knives . . . and started throwing knives at the police officers that were 10, 20, 30 feet away," Dolan said.

Fik threw his penis during the confrontation, too, Dolan said. He then went back into the house and re-emerged with "another handful of knives," Dolan said.

Dolan sneaked to the side of the bungalow's front steps and stunned Fik with the Taser. Fik fought back when officers went to restrain him, Dolan said.

"About 10 feet from the front porch, right on the sidewalk, was his penis," Dolan said.

Dr. Greg Bales, associate professor of urology at the University of Chicago, said severed penises are uncommon but surgery usually works.

"As long as the penis is placed on ice and reattached within a few hours, the success is usually pretty good," Bales said.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is a "chunker" with a level of commitment I do not possess. Maybe to make him feel better they will add a deadly weapon paragraph.

Posts: 17 | Location: Richmond, Texas | Registered: April 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Officers stunned him with a Taser."
"Fik stunned officers with a Penile Projectile."

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I guess he showed them.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shannon, thank you for maintaining consistent professionalism in your posting decisions. You are close to winning some sort of award for focusing so consistently on male genitalia.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
they have an award for that? i'm scared of where the awards ceremony is . . . held.

on a more optimistic note, i'm glad to hear that these kinds of injuries are uncommon.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Where's the part of the story that tells us this guy was on PCP or off his rocker mentally ill? 'Cause he sounds bats**t crazy!

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe he'd been watching A Clockwork Orange. I recall someone was murdered with a penis in that movie. It was a giant ceramic penis, but I guess he lacked that important prop and made do.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This reminds me of the story explaining the difference between being involved and being committed. Regarding breakfast; the chicken is involved, the pig is committed. I believe this fella was committed.

Posts: 61 | Location: Palestine, Texas USA | Registered: April 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think we should give credit where credit is due.

quote:

"About 10 feet from the front porch, right on the sidewalk, was his penis," Dolan said.

Ten feet! That has to be some kind of record.

On a side note, this thread seems to give us some gift giving ideas for Shannon.

See the entire product line....

Here

Posts: 47 | Location: Houston | Registered: July 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fik, who lives in the 5400 block of W. Berenice, is charged with two counts of aggravated assault and one count of criminal damage to property, said Officer Laura Kubiak.

What? No charge for indecent exposure?

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would this act be antithetical to the "intent to arouse or gratify"? Or am I becoming too provincial?

posted Hide Post
Littering.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
somehow a fine only offense just doesn't cut it.

posted Hide Post
Do you think the chunker has any regrets, in hindsight?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He didn't spot his checkdown receiver, who was open at the time.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wasn't intended to be a pass play -- he was looking to hand off to the tight end with the good hands, who obviously missed the audible.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Most people teach their dog to fetch a stick.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
What? No charge for indecent exposure?

Obviously, insufficient evidence.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
Do you think the chunker has any regrets, in hindsight?

I'm betting he was regretting drinking all the beer it took to muster up the courage to do what he did to himself. That is one seal that would not feel good breaking.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post