TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Perjury for Lyin' Vet
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Perjury for Lyin' Vet Login/Join 
posted
Has anyone attempted to prosecute a perjury charge in general? If so - are there any pitfalls I should watch out for? I have a local "vet" who testified to having won several medals and been in "Delta Force." It was material to the proceeding. Problem is - he fell in basic training and was kicked out. I finally got his records and confirmed, now I'm ready to prosecute, but I'm a child crimes kind of gal. Anybody have any advice? P.S. They are getting ready to make him the commander of the local VFW.

Posts: 1 | Location: Palestine, Texas USA | Registered: November 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How was it material, just wondering.

Posts: 169 | Registered: June 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You might also see if there is a Federal Case under the Stolen Valor Act, �18.704 USC.

It provides criminal penalties for falsely claiming to hold a military award or decoration, and an enhanced penalty if he claimed a Medal of Honor, Distinguished Service Cross, Silver Star, or Purple Heart.

Posts: 86 | Location: Floresville, TX USA | Registered: May 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I learn something new every day on these forums. I did not know about the Stolen Valor Act. Interesting!

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post