TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Fake Texas ID Non-minor
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fake Texas ID Non-minor Login/Join 
posted
Trying to find the correct charge for possession of a fake ID (not a fake DL)....Officer is using trans. code section 521.451 and calling the fake document a "certificate"; however, all the surrounding sections refer to a "personal identification certificate". The defendant was over 21 and had warrants when the ID was checked. The name and DOB on the fake ID were correct, otherwise I would just file failure to ID.

Posts: 568 | Registered: November 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tampering with a government record maybe? Government record includes a "license or certificate." Depends on what he was doing with it, probably.

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What kind of document/card was presented?

Posts: 37 | Location: Dumas, Texas, USA | Registered: April 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look at Trans Code 521.009

Posts: 37 | Location: Dumas, Texas, USA | Registered: April 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all the responses....I still have not found a good fit for this charge; however, in a strange twist of fate, this defendant, who had no license, for various reasons, was driving on back roads late at night to avoid detection while intoxicated last week and wrecked the car she was driving, was thrown from the vehicle and died.

posted Hide Post
32.51 can sometimes work, although the law of natural selection seems to have trumped everything.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree! I looked at 32.51; however, the info on the fake ID was correct.....name, DOB etc...it just purported to be an ID issued by the State but it wasn't. Supposedly it was obtained in the courthouse in Dallas. Regardless, I suppose it is moot now.