TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Google This
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Google This Login/Join 
posted
As I have mentioned in other threads, everything is now on the internet. In the Sunday NY Times, a writer notes that Google is now a verb.. So, what do you Google in your daily criminal law work?

This posting is a call to all you lurkers out there who are afraid to post anything for fear of being wrong. You can't give a wrong answer here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Last week I Googled for:

- various images and sounds for use in a powerpoint presentation
- news articles on an old case
- the website of an advocacy organization
- lines from a particular episode of Seinfeld (OK, this wasn't work-related, but by finding it quickly, Google helped me get back to work quicker, right?)

and last week was a slow week!

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But which line was it?

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
But I will tell you it was from "The Contest," one of the funniest episodes ever. If you've seen it, you know what I mean ...
Big Grin

Posts: 2426 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a witness in a murder trial who testified against a fellow gang member (the Latin Kings). The witness wants out of the gang and wanted his tatoo's removed. I looked for programs that will help with this. I had some luck, but if any of you know of a program that can assist, I would appreciate it.

Posts: 38 | Location: Brownsville, Tx, USA | Registered: March 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are several tattoo removal programs in Texas. For more information about the program nearest to you, click on this link http://www.oag.state.tx.us/criminal/tattoo_remove.shtml or contact the Juvenile Crime Intervention Division of the Texas Attorney Generals Office at 512-463-4024.

Posts: 151 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shannon, I too frequently use Google to supplement my Powerpoint presentations. For those of you who recall my talk at the last Annual on recent decision of the Court of Criminal Appeals, you may remember that I concluded with an animated music clip set to the tune of Love Shack, except the lyrics were "Butt Crack." The perfect addition to a talk on the Butt Crack search case.

Only Google could locate something like that.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I googled the Miracle on Ice, to compare it to the movie, and Desmond Howard striking the "Heisman pose".

Posts: 119 | Location: Chambers County Texas | Registered: March 03, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I Google my witnesses, or the opposing counsel if it's someone I'm not familiar with. You'd be surprised what you learn sometimes.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post