Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Facebook pages Login/Join 
posted
Anyone successfully do it?

I've gotten them in once, after the witness successfully identified the name, picture, relevant postings and date of birth of the defendant - but current judge has issues with authentication despite the same type of testimony being offered. I understand her concern.

Any specific cases/strategies I should know about?

Posts: 71 | Location: Galveston, Texas, US | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Are you offering printouts of things you / your investigators have found online, or are you offering records obtained directly from FB as the result of a search warrant?

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tienda, 358 sw3d 633
Rene, 376 sw3d 302

Posts: 104 | Location: Brazos County, Texas | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Printout of a facebook page, comments, etc.

Identifying picture, name, etc.

Posts: 71 | Location: Galveston, Texas, US | Registered: November 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks

posted Hide Post
Patrick Wilson, the DA in Ellis County, gave a good talk on this topic at the TDCAA Annual last September. You may want to get with him on his experience on this.

Posts: 280 | Location: Weatherford, Texas | Registered: March 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just finished a six count arson case where the D had posted threats on FaceBook prior to the first fire.

Read Tienda. Make a list of all the possible ways you can link the D to that FaceBook page. If possible subpoena the email addresses linked to the D's FaceBook page to prove they are his. Print out all the D's FaceBook photos and mark them as separate exhibits - have anyone who knows the D ID the photos at trial. If feasible call witnesses who are FaceBook friends of the D's, show them the actual printouts and have them ID the pages as being the D's. Have them also ID thier own posts/comments on the D's page.

Posts: 2 | Registered: March 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post