TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    DWLI Revisited
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DWLI Revisited Login/Join 
posted
Elderly man (apparently allergic to soap & water) has a suspended DL (revoked,test required)There is no way he will ever pass the test. Troopers see him driving daily; they pull him over when he is extremely dangerous. Normally will only ticket him because of the residual aroma after transporting him in patrol cars. He has no $$. APS swears he's competent. Sheriff doesn't want him. For that matter, I don't want him.

The only way to stop him from driving is to cut off hands and feet. Any more reasonable suggestions on this one? He's racking up the open cases.... Roll Eyes

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Take away his transportation. Win the car in a poker game (in a private location, of course). Wink

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Mr. Smelly have insurance? If not, get two plus convictions on him for no insurance and then impound his car under TTrC 621.260s, which lets you impound the vehicle used for 180 days or until they go before the court and show proof of prepaid insurance for 2 years. That will at least ensure insurance coverage for someone who gets hurt by him, if it happens. The car must be registered under his name, though.

Posts: 22 | Location: Brownsville, Texas | Registered: January 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Joseph. TO the best of my knowledge, his 1997 Crown Vic is uninsured. If there is no car to drive, APS may HAVE to get involved as he won't be able to get to food... Wink

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Can you get a two year pre-paid policy?

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ok I may be missing something but what is TTrC 621.260s? I thought it might have been the transportation code but it isint.

Posts: 2 | Location: Manvel, TX | Registered: August 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Try Trans. Code Sec. 601.261

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't make a practise of making product endorsements on this board, but I can tell you Febreeze fabric de-smeller (it's called something else, but I can't recall what) really works. AutoZone also sells a similar product for car seats. Suggest your troopers get a bottle of this stuff and use it after they haul a smelly crook.

I have used Febreeze to rid a dog of skunk spray. I mix it into the shampoo, and add some Dawn dishwashing liquid and some baking soda to nuetralize the acid in the spray, but the Febreeze really works. It doesn't just mask the smell either; it chemically nuetralizes it.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wish I had known this information earlier this week, as I ran over a dead skunk. Next time I won't leave the car in the garage overnight! Razz

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post