TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Latest Stanford Drama
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Latest Stanford Drama Login/Join 
posted
I do not know Kent personally, but his quotes crack me up ...

Hittner himself questioned Stanford, noting that he's now asked for 11 different lawyers. The judge told Stanford to sit down when the defendant would not give the judge the yes or no answers he was looking for. Essmyer, Stanford's new lead counsel, finished the questioning.

Kent Schaffer, Stanford's last lawyer, said he and George “Mac” Secrest are happy to be leaving the case. He said the trouble the judge had with the obstinate Stanford this morning was a tiny taste of the difficulty he had in the months he represented Stanford.

“I feel great, just like I did after my first divorce,” Schaffer said. “We're lawyers who don't do what our clients necessarily want. We do what our experience tells us is best for their case.”

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/business/6946245.html

Posts: 100 | Location: Beaumont, Texas, USA | Registered: February 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've known Kent for 20 years, have handled several cases with him and have seen him handle numerous high profile defendants (some not too likeable) and I've never heard him badmouth a client like that.

Must be something special about Stanford. I'll give Stanford this though...he may not be able to keep a good attorney, but he knows how to pick a skilled defense attorney. The ones he's had were at the top of the heap. Mr. Essmyer is no slouch in the courtroom.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post