TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Private topic question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Private topic question Login/Join 
posted
Okay, so I just found a couple of private topics people had included me in (sitting with the kids on Saturday morning while they watch sponge bob).

1. Is there any way in MyPop to ensure I get notified about private topics that include me? I've figured out you can subscribe to them after they start, but you have to know they have started.

2. If not, I suggest that folks give some kind of notice to others that they've been included in a private topic. A note in a public post, or a call or email.

3. Note to lurkers--you don't get to see the really good stuff!

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seeing your post, I too went to the private conversations portion of this site and found that, unknown to me, quite a few people had posted private questions.

For those people out there who thought I was ignoring them, sorry. I just don't go to the private section and there apparently isn't any notice to the person that a private question has been posted.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There's a private forum area? Had no idea...

Posts: 26 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Look under MyPop at the top of forum pages. You can adjust your preferences, update your profile, and start private topics.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
John, you're not the only one who was clueless on private forums. After I read the posts, I checked the "My POP" preferences and discovered five directed at me from 2003 and 2004 that I never knew existed!

J Ansolabehere

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LawAg, I answered your question from June. Sorry, I'm an idiot. Just ask Gretchen.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not really wanting to jump on the "me too" bandwagon, but now that I have been educated on this as well, my apologies to all those who probably think I am ignoring them! The information is forthcoming.

Mea Culpa-T

Posts: 62 | Location: Lubbock, TX | Registered: November 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Well, this was all news to us here at the home office, too, since the operation of this forum is outsourced to an outfit in Dallas. But never fear -- we've got John Brown working on a solution. Stay tuned for an update on notifications for private topics in the near future (hopefully).

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post