TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    I need your BAD Video from DWI stops
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need your BAD Video from DWI stops Login/Join 
posted
I have just finished watching maybe the worst-executed DWI stop I've ever seen on video, and it was an inspiration. I am conducting a DWI training session next month for local officers in my county, and of course I don't want to embarass any of our officers. So I'm looking to get copies of tapes where your officers made mistakes, so that I can incorporate them into my training session and the offending parties can remain anonymous. It's one thing to talk about what to do or not do in a stop, but it's much more instructive when you can let someone SEE examples of good and bad practices.

If you have any to share, I'll be glad to pay for copies and shipping, please call or e-mail me.

Neel McDonald
Freestone County Attorney's Office
118 E. Commerce
Fairfield, TX 75840
(903) 389-3977
rnm@justice.com

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
One's on the way...

Posts: 95 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tape, Georgette. After seeing it, I'm thinking a plea to "littering" might be a good result. Sure hope you don't have to try it.

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I met with that officer last night in fact, to go over the case. He was extremely defensive and rude for about 45 minutes, but eventually he seemed to come around. Hopefully he will be a little more cautious next time!

I have a suggestion for a 'what to do' hint for your students: get close-ups of the nystagmus on video esp. in those 6/6 2/8 0/4 cases.

Posts: 95 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: September 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post