TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Status of SB 1909
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Status of SB 1909 Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone know the status of SB 1909 (re: petition for non-disclosure for certain drug related offenses)?

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
According to the legislative website that bill did not pass last session.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, as they used to say about General Francisco Franco, the bill is still dead?

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What obscure reference are you referring to JB? I may not have the worldly, scholarly, and well-traveled knowledge and education that you do. Confused

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dead dead...or temporary vegetative state?

Posts: 3 | Registered: July 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
SAProsecutor, you have given away your age. For reference material on Franco quote, click here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GirlEsquire:
Dead dead...or temporary vegetative state?

I'm not sure what you're asking. The 80th Session ended 14 months ago, so any bill filed that session that did not pass is dead, and has been dead a long time. Another version of the bill can be filed in the 81st Session (which begins in January 2009), but it won't have the same number and will have to start from scratch again.

If you have further questions about the legislative process or a particular bill, you can contact me directly.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shannon, perhaps it is only "mostly dead", a slightly more current reference than JB's to Generalissimo Francisco Franco and Chevy Chase. To revive it in the next legislative session would take a miracle.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
JB-- While I don't consider myself that young anymore, I certainly don't remember gag lines from when I was 4 years old. Thanks for the education lesson! And I thought I was well-versed on all SNL skits even from the 70s.

Posts: 293 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: January 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Youth is relative. My idea of young changes as I get older. For me, Chevy Chase was doing cracking jokes on Saturday Night Live during the magic years of high school.

posted Hide Post
quote:
To revive it in the next legislative session would take a miracle.

You rush a miracle, you get rotten miracles.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I sure could go for a nice MLT right now ...

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When the mutton's nice and lean and the tomato is ripe. They're so perky. I love that.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As Jerry Seinfeld once said, "I love mutton".

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SAProsecutor:
JB-- While I don't consider myself that young anymore, I certainly don't remember gag lines from when I was 4 years old. Thanks for the education lesson! And I thought I was well-versed on all SNL skits even from the 70s.

And now we know better! Big Grin

Next, a discussion on violins in school.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This thread is baaaaaad.

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JohnR:
This thread is baaaaaad.

Inconceivable!

posted Hide Post
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Both the cups were poisoned. I've spent that last three years building an immunity to Iocane powder.

Posts: 79 | Location: Williamson County | Registered: August 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"My name is Inigo Montoya, you killed my father, prepare to die."