Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name the Crime Login/Join 
posted
OK, this is a real question...

Lady is told by mechanic that it will be $400 to fix her car. She agrees. He also wants the title to her car in the meantime. (Don't ask me why, but she gives it to him.) Mechanic makes the repairs and tells the lady to hop in for a test drive to make sure everything is working right. After a dozen blocks or so, he stops the car and tells her that she needs to give him an additional $100 for the repairs, or, in the alternative, have sex with him. She says she'll have to think about it. He is now holding her title hostage pending her decision.

Name the offense.

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Deceptive Business Practices for $500, Alex!"

Um . . . that's my best guess. P.C. 32.42. Sub. (b)(12)(B), perhaps. It's a Class A.

I don't have a good joke for this one, and I'll be disappointed if no one else does, either.

Posts: 200 | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
43.03(a)(2) solicits another to engage in sexual conduct with another person for compensation.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
if her husband finds out !

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Goes a little beyond the "Full Service" Service Station that I remember from my youth.

Posts: 357 | Registered: January 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Service with a smile?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is this what they mean by a "mechanic's lean"? Big Grin

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Talk about being tooled around.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Considering "property" includes a document that represent something of value, and you have an intent to deprive if you intend to restore the property only upon payment of compensation or reward and the mechanic no longer has the consent of the owner, why not call this an unlawful appropriation to be penalized according to the greatest amount of economic loss that the
owner might reasonably suffer by virtue of loss of the document?

Posts: 2386 | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cruel and unusual punishment ... unless the mechanic happens to look like the yard boy on Desperate Housewives. However, if that was the case, I doubt you would have heard from her.

Posts: 319 | Location: Midland, TX | Registered: January 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post