TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Cross-Ex Psych. on MMPI
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cross-Ex Psych. on MMPI Login/Join 
posted
Does anyone have any ideas, outlines, transcripts or other helpful information on cross-examining a psychiatric expert on the MMPI?
Please respond via this thread. Thanks.

Posts: 30 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: January 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who's the expert?

Posts: 293 | Registered: April 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have an outline I've used for years as to how to approach such witnesses for cross. Many, many years ago I got articles addressing the shortcomings of such tests, MMPI and Rorschach ... The articles are dated but a State's expert could update the line of research if you wanted to play that game. One example was published in the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology, 1971, Vol. 36, No. 1, 100-103 which contains other references. Perhaps the MMPI has been cleaned up in the decades following - email me if you need more cites or ideas from the cross outline I use.

Posts: 78 | Location: Belton, Texas | Registered: May 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post