TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    God Speaks
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

God Speaks Login/Join 
posted
Amazing how often God speaks in a criminal case. Might be speaking to the defendant, victim or the lawyers. This thread is devoted to stories about what God is saying.

First post:

A man who rammed his truck into a woman's vehicle on a highway early Friday told authorities he crashed into her while going more than 100 mph because God told him "she needed to be taken off the road."

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We once had a defendnant who insisted on representing himself in a motion to revoke probation hearing. When the judge asked him if he had any potential witnesses for purposes of "The Rule", he said, "Just me and Jesus." There was no request to require the Son of God to wait outside the courtroom for his chance to testify.

Steve Lilley
Hopkins County

Posts: 67 | Location: Sulphur Springs, TX | Registered: April 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well, he'd already know everyone's testimony anyway, so making him sit outside would be kind of rude.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No God stories as prosecutor, but a few from my cop days.

I had a call forwarded to Sgt's office to me by dispatch from a guy who said God told him that the enemy was going to attack the US when we all were asleep. I could not convince him that everyone in US could not possibly be asleep at same time, so gave him the number to the local Secret Service Office to call next morning.

And once had a drunk in back seat who kept leaning forward to cage and whispering not-so-sweet nothings to me. Then he would ask me if I heard something, saying the devil was speaking to us.

Posts: 145 | Location: Bryan/College Station | Registered: April 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I once had a chemist on the stand in a drug trial when the defense atty. challenged his competence (he was the section supervisor with impeccable credentials). He questioned that no man is perfect. The witness thought for a moment and said "I can think of only one." My jaw dropped. What an answer! Of course, not to be outdone, the atty. followed up with "And he didn't test [the drugs] did he?" I'm not sure that helped him.

Posts: 73 | Location: Richmond, TX | Registered: January 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully God will tell him to plead guilty.

Posts: 106 | Location: Galveston, Tx. | Registered: May 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just had an MTR revocation where the Defendant told his probation officer that the reason he smoked pot while on probation is because God told him to, or, as its known in certain circles, the 4:20 Commandment.

PS. The Judge evidently had a different point of view

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When Melvin Hale murdered Randall Vetter during a routine traffic stop about 8 years ago, he first said he did it because he did not want to be arrested (he believed he had a warrant for his arrest.) After he had been in jail for some time, he began to say that God had told him to do it because he was the "ante-Christ" (Not a misspelling - he didn't say he was evil, but claimed he was preparing the way for Christ's return). He started saying that God did not want the seat belt law enforced (that was what the stop was originally for) and that he didn't want to do it, but he had to do what God told him. He even claimed that God directed the bullet. Of course, he also said in interviews from prison that God was going to see to it that he got out of prison eventually. He recently did get out, actually. In a pine box. I wonder what God is saying to him now?

[This message was edited by WHM on 12-03-08 at .]

Posts: 622 | Location: San Marcos | Registered: November 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A mother of a sexual abuse victim was driving to the police station to report the abuse after an outcry by her 5yo daughter. She turned around and decided not to report after the Lord spoke to her through her radio and advised that "He would handle it". She never told us which station allows direct access to the Almighty.

Posts: 35 | Location: Weatherford, TX | Registered: March 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Must be one of the new HD channels

Posts: 478 | Location: Parker County, Texas | Registered: March 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HA! Smile

That made me laugh.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post