TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    NCIC question
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NCIC question Login/Join 
posted
I am reading this Criminal Record and the guy has 7 arrests but when I add up the offenses they total to 8. Anyone know why this might happen?

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A suspect can be arrested for DWI and the coppers find a pistol found in his car -- could show up as one arrest and two offenses. Or, a CR43 might not have made it to the DPS TLETS folks, which has happened with our office several times -- a charge might never make it to the records section.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks AP. That is what I thought, but I wanted someone to verify.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gordon,

If you are looking at Texas CCH, look for Event Cycle #__. If your guy picked up multiple charges at once, you will see Tracking suffix A001 and tracking suffix A002, etc. for however many charges he was tagged for with 1 arrest.

Basically, the "event cycle" is each separate arrest and A001, etc. designates the charges.

Also, don't rely on the short summary of arrests and convictions. It's not always accurate...have your investigator double check!

Posts: 90 | Location: Georgetown, TX | Registered: October 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post