TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    HELP - Blood Warrant Statistics
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

HELP - Blood Warrant Statistics Login/Join 
posted
In preparation for a presentation to Judges throughout the State, I am looking for stats on blood warrant results from 2008 (and/or 1-1-2009 to present): % of blood draws over 0.08, % under 0.08, % where drugs/controlled substances were detected, etc. either during "No Refusal" weekends or whenever (if you're a 24/7/365 No Refusal county...)

Please e-mail any info to:

brent.robbins@dentoncounty.com

Thanks in advance.

Posts: 115 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Colorado County, with a population of 20,000, obtains blood search warrants 24/7/365 in refusal situations. Our statistics for 2008 are as follows:

0.08 or higher = 93%
0.07 or less = 7% (25% had drugs detected)
0.16 or higher = 50%

We have done this for 4 years; in the last four years we have had zero DWI trials!

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ken, you are The Man. I salute you.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This is why he has a Ken's Cap.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I will be losing my manhood in the next general election if the legislature does not pass a bill allowing all magistrates to sign blood search warrants. An attorney will probably be elected as the constitutional county court judge (no county court-at-law here) and the exception in CCP Art. 18.01(i) for rural counties will no longer apply in my county. This will end the weekly rotation system I set up for my 4 JPs. The soon-to-be-elected attorney-judge cannot be expected to get up at all hours of the night and sign these warrants. I need some legislative help. The committee substitute to HB 1663 would do the trick.

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the responses so far. Keep them coming!

brent.robbins@dentoncounty.com

Posts: 115 | Location: Denton, TX, USA | Registered: February 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got some good stuff to send you, we have been 24/7/365 since October '08. I will forward the results to you in a few minutes.

Edit: Sent!

[This message was edited by bgreer on 04-07-09 at .]

Posts: 95 | Location: Marble Falls, TX USA | Registered: October 29, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am teaching an intoxication crimes course this summer (actually 2 courses, 1 undergrad and 1 grad). Any input from my TDCAA friends/family is completely appreciated, and if anyone wants to guest lecture, I would love to let that happen. Brent - if you still have my email, do you mind sharing the stats you're collecting?

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post