Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Name that song Login/Join 
posted
What song best goes with this story?

Gunmen broke into a drug rehabilitation center, lined people against a wall and shot 17 dead in a particularly bloody day in Mexico's relentless drug war. The brazen attack followed the killing of the No. 2 security official in President Felipe Calderon's home state.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"El Deguello" seems to be what the killers were applying to their actions. Loosely translated "No mercy" -- as popularized in the John Wayne movie about the Alamo.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's probably more accurate. I was thinking of the Amy Winehouse song "Rehab". Now we know why she didn't want to go.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have to agree with the TDCAA's favorite co-bassist on this one. That's the same song Santa Anna played at the Alamo after the valient defenders refused to surrender.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Speaking of awesome drummers, Greg -- I wonder if anyone has seriously listened to the drum part in the bridge of "Back in the High Life". Probably one of the best and least appreciated backbeats in classic rock. Very cool, one of my favorites.
Exit only

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 85 | Location: Abilene TX | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
More than 9,600 people have died since 2008. In the first seven months of 2009, at least 1,161 murders took place in the city of Ciudad Juarez alone, according to police data. Hundreds of police are among the dead.

posted Hide Post
deg�ello
ver degollar masculine noun
1. beheading (decapitaci�n); slaughter (degolladura)
entrar a deg�ello (figurative) -> to storm in ruthlessly

Posts: 176 | Location: Hempstead, TX, USA | Registered: June 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Exit: 1. Opposite of enter
Only: 1. Exclusive, exclusively 2. Without compromise or sweet-talking into