March 09, 2011, 16:17
P.D. Ray
Lesser Included (no, not AP and the...)
The appellate mind North of DFW wins again:

http://www.cca.courts.state.tx.us/OPINIONS/PDFOPINIONINFO2.ASP?OPINIONID=20734

Reckless Driving isn't a lesser of Aggravated Assault with a Motor Vehicle
March 09, 2011, 16:26
Andrea W
"The Appellate Mind" sounds like some horror movie title...
March 09, 2011, 16:32
P.D. Ray
Thought you'd get a kick out of that.
March 10, 2011, 08:51
A.P. Merillat
Sounds like the name of a band of recorder and djembe players.
March 10, 2011, 13:27
Andrea W
Not all of us can be banjoists, AP.

(Isn't there a state law on that? Smile)
March 10, 2011, 13:50
A.P. Merillat
Why yes, I believe there is.
It's the Law of Parties.
(A.P.L.I. is the fun one.)
March 11, 2011, 16:53
GG
quote:
Originally posted by A.P. Merillat:
Sounds like the name of a band of recorder and djembe players.

Ah, it's been a long time since AP talked about the seductive sound of the Djembe.

Do any of his real fans know when the last time he spoke of the alluring sound of the Djembe was, without resorting to the search feature?

HINT: It involved a very unique allegation of manner and means in a homicide case.
March 18, 2011, 10:10
P.D. Ray
Was that the Sherry Enema post?
March 24, 2011, 06:26
GG
DING DING DING, you're the big winner, P. Ray!

Here's A.P.'s brief essay on the Language of Love, no less poignant than it was six years ago.

A.P. Merillat
Member posted 02-03-05
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Language of love

Well Beck,
I'm sure it started with soft music and a romantic dinner, and comments about the flickering candlelight dancing in her eyes looking like twinkling stars in the late-night sky. Then, of course there's the toast, but one of the two can't drink to his lover's health, because he can't swallow, so he naturally suggests that perhaps, in order to validate the good wishes made by clinking the crystal glasses together, the wine could run its magical course through the path of least resistance. A little banjo music, maybe a dance or two and a tight embrace to the haunting rhythm of the djembe, and the rest as they say, is history.
No, it's not from personal knowledge, but I did work the sex crimes unit in the Montrose.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------