TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    It was the "X" (the cross, not the drug)
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It was the "X" (the cross, not the drug) Login/Join 
posted
Stumbled across the punishment phase of the "Windshield" case on the radio yesterday. On direct the defendant gave a masterfully planned performance, showing contrition, blaming her drug habit for allowing the victim to die, and asking for "help."

Richard's cross-examination was absolutely surgical and relentless. I don't think he ever once allowed her to slip off the hook by saying "don't know" or "can't remember." He allowed her to show herself as a self-absorbed liar, without displaying his own anger. Great job, regardless of what the jury now does. Although since they came back in under an hour with Murder, I'm thinking it won't be probation.

Posts: 160 | Location: Foat Wuth | Registered: June 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This trial is on Court TV, right? If anybody has Richard's "surgical, relentless" cross on tape, I'd love to get a copy. E-mail me if you do and we can make arrangements. I, like many people, can't figure out how to set the timer on my VCR to record things while I'm at work.

Posts: 515 | Location: austin, tx, usa | Registered: July 02, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
The closing arguments were on Court TV. Here are some quotes about the prosecution team (Christy Jack and Richard Alpert) from the Court TV talking heads after the fact:

- "delivered one of the most compelling closing arguments I have ever seen"
- "did an outstanding job"
- "hit a home run"
- "eloquent"
- the jurors were "engrossed in the moment"
- "A+"

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post