TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Inmates to get H1N1 vaccine first!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Inmates to get H1N1 vaccine first! Login/Join 
posted
So inmates will get priority over children in schools, pregnant mothers in the workplace, the elderly in rest homes, and the sick in hospitals--all outside the prison system. What do you think?

For the story:
http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/wfaa/latestnews/stories/wfaa091027_mo_swineflu.25c81ce36.html

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh that makes me furious especially since I was told yesterday that since we have private insurance my 6 yo with immune system deficiencies would probably not be able to get the vaccine until late November ??!!

Now really, how many of the folks currently incarcerated have EVER, EVER gotten any flu vaccine while they were in the free.

And I guess I should be more understanding that they are in a situation that allegedly makes the virus spread faster, but I'm just not. Health care workers and kids should be first PERIOD !

Red Face

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
They will probably start on death row and immunize from there on down. My son in the U.S. Army can't even get therapy for his shoulder injury. But by all means, let's make sure convicts get decent healthcare.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hopefully they will administer the vaccine at a time that won't interfere with cable TV.

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Or interrupt cellphone call, or contraindicate with cocaine or heroin in the bloodstream.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hopefully they will administer the vaccine at a time that won't interfere with cable TV.

What? They only get cable TV? Not DirecTV? With the NFL Sunday Ticket package? This is an outrage! Of constitutional dimension!

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Facing public criticism over plans that some convicts might get swine flu shots before law-abiding citizens, state health officials clarified Wednesday that no widespread inoculations are expected to take place in Texas prisons any time soon.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This forum can change policy!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you can't do the swine, don't do the crime.

That's the motto that should be coming out of the prison system for Texas inmates these days.

[So says Statesman's John Kelso in his humor column. For the rest of his column, click here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even though it is a small number, do you agree with this guys column? http://voices.kansascity.com/node/6428

Fine, we have to give them healthcare, but what says it has to be better or speedier than our own law-abiding citizens?

No need to be cruel, but c'mon!

John Kitsmiller, MCSE
Senior Account Executive, Texas

'I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.' -Maya Angelou

New Dawn Technologies
DIR Contract DIR-SDD-628
600 County Road 405
Taylor, TX 76574
T: 512.909.1122
F: 512.843.0160
Twitter Facebook or Yahoo Messenger: jkitsmiller
jkitsmiller@newdawntech.com
http://newdawntech.com/Texas

Posts: 1 | Location: Taylor, TX, USA | Registered: October 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post