TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Statue of Limitations
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Statue of Limitations Login/Join 
posted
I'm looking for the statute of limitations for sex based offenses from the late 90's to early 2000's. I've found as far back as 2004, but need the statute for Agg Sex Assault Child for 2000-2003 time frames. If someone knows them, please let me know. If someone happens to have a PDF or can scan and e-mail I would appreciate it.

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
From 1997-2007, the statute of limitations was 10 years past the child's 18th birthday.

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If you had an offense that actually occurred, not reported but actually happened, between 2000 and 2003, then there is not a statute of limitation on it. Like Shannon said, the SOL was 10 years past the victim's 18th birthday until 2007 when it was removed altogether, effective against any offense that had not termed out yet.

In other words, if the SOL for your offense hadn't kicked in by August 31, 2007, it never kicked in. And if it took place anytime after August 31, 1997, it could not have kicked in under any circumstances before it was removed on September 1, 2007.

Posts: 198 | Location: San Marcos, Tx | Registered: June 12, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As of 9/1/97, the SOL for SAC, ASAC, and indecency contact was 10 years after 18th birthday. Indecency by exposure was 10 years. Regular sex assault was 5 years. As of 9/1/01, indecency by exposure was added to the list of 10 years after 18th birthday, and regular sex assault was extended from 5 to 10.

If you need info on really old sex case SOL, I have that.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you to every one for your responses

Posts: 2 | Registered: November 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post