Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Words Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
A man who wants to be put to death won't have his way - just yet. Richard Tabler is on death row for killing four people in Bell County in 2004 and has repeatedly asked for his appeal to be waived so his execution could proceed.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"I want to thank you for all the beautiful years of friendship and ministry," Moore told Irene Wilcox as she watched through a window a few feet from him. Moore never acknowledged a man who survived his attacks or five relatives of the three who died.

Details.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Self-defense is not capital murder," Moore said from the death chamber gurney, repeating his unsuccessful claims to the courts to stop the punishment.

Details.

posted Hide Post
"Lies and false testimony," Perkins insisted. "I ain't never hurt a person in my life."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Asked by the warden if he would like to make a statement, Reginald Perkins responded, "I already made my statement. Appreciate it. Love y'all."

Details.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
Asked by the warden if he would like to make a statement, Reginald Perkins responded, "I already made my statement. Appreciate it. Love y'all."

The rebuttal from the other side of the glass:

"What a great state to live in to know justice was served."

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In a rambling final statement, Martinez told relatives he loved them, then blamed Gomez for three of the slayings. "I know what you've been told and that's all a lie," he said, looking toward the victims' relatives watching through a window. "John Gomez killed your kids and sister. I wish I would have shot him in the leg, then he would be here. Those investigators were just trying to convict somebody."

He was recalling the slaying scene when prison officials, who warn condemned inmates they will have only a couple of minutes for their final comments, began pumping in the lethal drugs

Details.

posted Hide Post
A parolee was executed Wednesday for using a baseball bat to fatally bludgeon his girlfriend and her teenage son at their San Antonio home more than 14 years ago.

David Martinez, 36, told friends and relatives of the victims who were gathered outside the death chamber that he loved them, and then silently apologized as the lethal injection began to take effect. He mouthed: "I'm sorry. I truly am."

Details.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:
"Self-defense is not capital murder," Moore said from the death chamber gurney, repeating his unsuccessful claims to the courts to stop the punishment.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/Killer_of_2_outside_SA_bar_executed.html

Self defense? Why shoot the passenger then?

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Moore is not available to respond.

posted Hide Post
"To hear and see these women talk about these events - quite honestly, I hope I never get exposed to something like this again," said Greg Miller, who prosecuted Scheanette. "I will never forget him. But most importantly, I will never forget the seven women."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Asked if he had any final statement, Dale Devon Scheanette paused and said, "My only statement is that no cases ever tried have been error-free. Those are my words. No cases are error-free."

More info

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Error-free does not equal scot-free!

And AW, are you trying to steal JB's thunder?

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I could never hope to match the glory and awesomeness of JB. I merely offer my own small contribution where I may.

No, I just wanted to mock the "error free" bit and noticed it hadn't been posted yet, so I put it up instead. I'm sure JB has many things to keep him busy. Wink

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I wonder if the defendant felt the same about his own life.

posted Hide Post
"I didn't do this," Johnson insisted recently in a death row interview. "I knew Joette. She was part of my family. I wasn't there. I was at work that night. I don't know what happened to her."

Details.

posted Hide Post
In a lengthy statement that made no mention of his crimes, he [Johnson] called the Polunsky Unit prison that houses the state's condemned men a "dungeon ... full of isolated hearts and suppressed minds."

"It is terrifying," he said. "The Polunsky dungeon is what I call the pit of hopelessness."

And he called for an end to capital punishment, saying the United States is the only civilized country that uses it to "stop murder and enable justice." [Uh, yeh.]

"See y'all in heaven," he told some friends who watched him through a window, then began singing a hymn.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Bell addressed them in his final words, Traylor said. He quoted Bell as saying: "To the Timbrook family, you definitely have the wrong person. The truth will come out one day."

Details.

posted Hide Post
Buntion had been on parole only six weeks at the time of the shooting, released from prison on the latest of about a dozen convictions over nearly 30 years. His case prompted a public outcry about prison crowding and the parole system.

Rest of story.

posted Hide Post
Pondexter said he was in Lennox's elegant Victorian home near the courthouse square the night of Oct. 28, 1993, and acknowledged shooting her but said he didn't fire the fatal shot.

"I wasn't the guy who killed her," he told The Associated Press recently from death row. "For the part I played in it, I apologize."

Lennox was shot twice - once in the jaw and once in the head. A medical examiner testified either shot could have been fatal.
Details.