Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 27
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Last Words Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
For the SCOTUS last words in Leal, click here.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bhuiyan, an Israeli Muslim who lives in Dallas, filed a lawsuit on Wednesday claiming that Texas would violate his rights as a victim by proceding with the scheduled execution of Mark Stroman on July 20. Bhuiyan, the sole survivor of the September 2001 Dallas convenience store shooting spree, believes that Stroman is reformed and wants Perry to halt the execution.

Details.

[I have to wonder if the three people who died feel the same way. I also wonder if this is one of those cases in which the new "loser pays" law could be put into effect.]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I actually read some of this lunatic defendant'sravings, and I don't know how the victim could think he is "reformed". The man is scary, and I think he still feels justified in what he did. So, he is a God fearing American. And he hates anyone who isn't

How do these guys get the internet access you need to post your own blog?

Let him be dispatched to the glory of God at the earliest opportunity.

Posts: 218 | Location: The Border | Registered: April 08, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing that I can think of is that he writes letters to someone on the outside that's deluded enough to think that then publishing them on the internet is a good idea.

And, of course, every single word that he's written is a lie. From his sister being killed in the WTC, to a Ollie North warning us about bin Laden (never happened, and OBL was an ally at the time), to Clinton releasing Mohammed Atta (oh, you mean there was ANOTHER Mohammed Atta?), to the idea that he's somehow reformed. It's all a lie.

Posts: 394 | Location: Waco, Tx | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Arizona Supreme Court refused Monday to block an execution scheduled for Tuesday, turning away a constitutional challenge that included a claim by defense lawyers that more than one sedative was improperly used in a previous execution.
The state high court, without comment, declined to consider the challenge of the state's lethal-injection law on behalf of four death-row inmates. It also denied an accompanying motion asking for postponement of the scheduled execution Tuesday of Thomas Paul West, one of the inmates.

Details.

posted Hide Post
When the curtains opened, he gestured to his lawyers - some of the execution's witnesses thought he was flashing a peace sign.

He had no last words. As the warden read the death warrant, West closed his eyes and never reopened them.
After the execution began at 11:01 a.m., West let out several snoring breaths.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Assistant Attorney General Cynthia Burton argued that Buiyon was made aware of the potential for mediation years ago and brought his claims too late. She also contended that Yeakel does not have the ability to interfere with an execution order.

Details.

posted Hide Post
"Even though I lay on this gurney, seconds away from my death, I am at total peace," he said. He called himself "still a proud American, Texas loud, Texas proud."

"God bless America. God bless everyone," he added, then turned his head to the warden and said: "Let's do this damn thing."

Feeling the drugs beginning to take effect, he said, he began a countdown. "One, two," he said, slightly gasping. "There it goes."

Details.

posted Hide Post
For nearly two decades, convicted ax murderer Robert W. Jackson III has fended off execution by lethal injection.

But his options were running out late Wednesday afternoon when the Delaware Supreme Court and U.S. District Court denied requests for stays of execution.

Details.

posted Hide Post
"Are the Girardis in there? Christopher and Claudia, if you are in there, I've never faulted you for your anger. I would have been mad myself," he said, going on to deny he killed their mother.

He suggested that his accomplice in the burglary, Anthony Lachette, was the murderer.

"Tony's laughing his ass off right now because you're about to watch an innocent man die. This isn't justice," he said before putting his head back down and closing his eyes.

Details.

[This message was edited by JB on 08-10-11 at .]

posted Hide Post
Jurors who are recommending the death penalty for the killer of 11 women in Cleveland say they felt his statement from the witness stand was rehearsed and lacked remorse.

Details.

[He will now have some time to work on sincerity.]

posted Hide Post
"I love Israel," the 33-year-old Robles said.

Details.

posted Hide Post
A registered sex offender who raped and killed a little girl a dozen years ago is scheduled to die Nov. 16 by lethal injection, a judge announced Tuesday at a brief court hearing.

Details.

posted Hide Post
South Florida cop killer Manuel Valle is scheduled to die on September 1.

The Florida Supreme Court ruled today in an out-of-calendar opinion to lift Valle's stay of execution, which had been ordered after questions arose about Florida's new lethal-injection drug possibly causing cruel and unusual punishment.

Details.

posted Hide Post
The seven men and five women of the jury will return to court Monday to hear additional evidence before they decide whether to recommend that Kahler be executed.

They are required to weigh issues such as the cruelty involved in the shootings against Kahler's lack of a criminal record and his mental state at the time of the crimes. Kahler could also be sentenced to life in prison without possibility of parole for 50 years.

Defense attorney Thomas Haney said the only deal the state would offer his legal team involved Kahler pleading guilty to capital murder.

"They wouldn't allow anything else, and so by going to trial, we're in exactly where we were, based on their offer, plus we have appeal rights," Haney said after the verdict.

Details.

posted Hide Post
"I'm terrified - terrified," Woods said last week from a small visiting cage outside death row. "I'm a lot calmer than I thought I'd be. But I wake up shaking."

Details.

posted Hide Post
White supremacist gang member Lawrence Russell Brewer was executed Wednesday under heightened security for the infamous dragging death of James Byrd Jr., a black man from East Texas.

When asked if he had any final words, Brewer, 44, replied: "No. I have no final statement."

Details.

posted Hide Post
"I am innocent," Davis said moments before he was executed Wednesday night. "All I can ask ... is that you look deeper into this case so that you really can finally see the truth. I ask my family and friends to continue to fight this fight."

Prosecutors and MacPhail's family said justice had finally been served.

Details.

posted Hide Post
When the first drug was administered, Valle raised his feet, turned his head toward the execution team warden and said something that could not be heard in the witness room. He then yawned, placed his head back down, closed his eyes and made movements with his mouth before going still.

Details.

posted Hide Post
Singing to God, praising Yahweh and even asking Jesus to torment District Attorney Susan Reed so "she, too, finds the Lord," convicted cop killer Frank Garcia was loud just before his execution Thursday - but he was not repentant.

His last statement began before all the witnesses were in the death chamber, and at no point during a rambling 10-minute speech did he apologize for or even mention the 2001 fatal shooting of San Antonio Police Officer Hector Garza, which landed Garcia on death row.

"Thank you, Jesus Christ, thank you for your blessing," Garcia, 39, cried out several times.

Details.