TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Attorney bail bond
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Attorney bail bond Login/Join 
posted
How steps can/should a sheriff (no bail bond board)take in deternmining sufficiency of an attorney's assets before agreeing to accepting his bond?

Posts: 23 | Location: Rockport, Texas USA | Registered: February 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The key is having sufficient proof from the lawyer that he/she actually has available assets to cover the bond. At a minimum, the lawyer should have to sign an affidavit specifying that asset. Even better is for the sheriff to receive certified records showing ownership and absence of liens.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our Sheriff with some guidance required an affidavit and supporting documents for assets listed on affidavit. Make sure to make them declare homestead status on real property listed.

Posts: 84 | Location: Fairfield, Texas | Registered: June 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would it be possible for you to get, from your Sheriff, one of those forms and email the same to me. I'd be very grateful to see such form from you or other member who has had same questions. Being from rural county, I have questions of sufficiency of assets by a bondsman and want to get it on paper, with homestead designated and determine "net worth". Bill Helwig Yoakum County District Attorney.bhelwig@yoakumcounty.org

Posts: 22 | Location: Plains, Texas, USA | Registered: March 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post