Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Corpus Annual Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
See Rock City

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What is this terrifying automated banjo player of which you speak? Sounds like something out of The Terminator...

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Banjo picker

I know there is a way for photos to be shared from FB without having to have a FB account, but I am still trying to figure out how to share videos the same way.

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For those of you without a FB account, here's a picture of the above-referenced device:choose your song player banjo

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I fear the moment when it becomes self-aware.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Banjos don't kill music; only people kill music.

As an aside, David, I don't believe that when banjos take over Skynet that they will decide humans should be eradicated. Dentists, maybe. But not all of humankind.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Banjos are outlawed, only outlaws will have Banjos.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If the banjo becomes self-aware, does that give it an advantage over the person playing the banjo?

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I pick, therefore I am.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Newell:
If the banjo becomes self-aware, does that give it an advantage over the person playing the banjo?

That's one of those who came first, chicken and egg questions, isn't it?

posted Hide Post
I've been there! It's along the stretch of highway running through Wyoming and South Dakota. Those signs go on forever.

Ed Lane

Posts: 22 | Location: Wichita Falls, Texas, United States | Registered: August 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And the party never ends.

posted Hide Post
Must be something like all those yellow "F.M Light" store signs on every road leading to Steamboat Springs. You just have to check out a store that blankets the road edges with so many signs.

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Congratulations are also in order for those folks that were honored at the Annual. John Bradley and Richard Alpert who both won the Prosecutor of the Year award. Lindsey Roberts who won the Chris Marshall Award. Todd Smith who received Oscar Sherrill Award for Investigators. And Katrina Daniels who won the Lone Star Award.

All were extremely deserving, and I am proud to belong to an organization that counts folks such as these as members.

[This message was edited by David Newell on 10-06-09 at .]

posted Hide Post
Rob,

Why not just have Hate Crimes training another option on Thurs? That way, those prosecutors from areas where criminals are often motivated by racial, sexual, age, or disability hatred can attend that class while the rest of us can go learn something more germane to our actual case load--child abuse cases, sneaky bailbondsmen, meth labs, JD's, etc, etc.

My guess is, if you did allow prosecutors such an option, there would be more panelists than attendees--but that's the free market for you.

Posts: 686 | Location: Beeville, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: March 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post