TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Praise for two excellent prosecutors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Praise for two excellent prosecutors Login/Join 
posted
The past two weeks Adrienne McFarland and Steven Todd from the AG's office have been trying a non-death capital case involving the death of the 2 year old child in Bastrop County, Texas.

Closing arguments are forthcoming, and before knowing the verdict, I just wanted to acknowledge two of the finest prosecutors, and people, that I have ever known.

Adrienne's cross of the defendant should be textbook material for new murder prosecutors.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The jury was out just about an hour. Guilty of Capital Murder. Jury found the defendant used a deadly weapon in the commission of the crime.

Life sentence pronounced.

I'll say that the final arguments by Steven and Adrienne were some of the best I've ever seen.

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 08-14-09 at .]

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Greg, I passed your kind words on to Adrienne and Steven, since I don't think they're regular readers of the forum.

That was a tough case with a lot of obstacles, so we, too, are all very proud of the work they've done.

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here's the story:

http://bastrop-news.com/2009/08/14/swift-verdict-in-capital-murder-case-guilty/

I should have also mentioned the excellent work by their investigator Ken Yarborough and the other investigators and legal assistants who helped them. Quite a team you've got there, Lisa.