TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Assault Family Violence Witness Statements
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Assault Family Violence Witness Statements Login/Join 
<Bob Cole>
posted
Years ago I saw a witness statement sheet specifically designed for domestic violence cases. It was in the form of a questionaire asking about what happened, whether a weapon was used, whether threats were made, and whether anyone else was present at the time of the incident. Now that I want to study one to help train some officers I cannot find one.

Does anyone on this forum use such a tool? If so, what impact has it made for your cases?

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go to the TMPA SAFVIC page here:

http://www.safvic.org/resources/law_enforcement.asp

and click on the "Family Violence Supplement" and see if that's what you're looking for. The one they have is actually from Plano PD, but the template is used by a lot of departments.

Also, if you wanted to get your guys some good FREE training, you can contact TMPA about hosting the Sexual Assault/Family Violence Investigators course. Otherwise, there are courses coming up in Kilgore and Tyler.

[This message was edited by R.W. Dickson on 02-22-08 at .]

Posts: 60 | Location: Austin, TX US | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post