TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Noodling Now Nice
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Noodling Now Nice Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What we've been waiting for! Photographic evidence to pursue a nooding case! Keh keh keh! We got them Duke boys now, Flash!

As an aside, my fishing background is primarily of the saltwater variety. If these boys want to impress me, I want to see 'em try nooding anything -- ANYTHING -- in saltwater. As my daddy said, if it swims in the ocean, it bites or it stings.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Man dies while catfish grabbing

July 10, 2010

85-year-old Rankin man either had heart attack or drowned

Jimmie E. Gates

An 85-year-old Rankin County man died late Friday doing what he loved: Grabbing for catfish.

Authorities say Cecil Payne may have downed or had a heart attack.

"An autopsy is going to be performed," said Madison County Coroner Alex Breeland.

Payne was grabbing for catfish with friends in a campground area of the Ross Barnett Reservoir area off Mississippi 43.

Catfish grabbing is a sport of catching fish by hand. It's mostly practiced in the South.

Click here for the full article from the Mississippi Clarion-Ledger

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The death penalty is mostly practiced in the South as well. How come we never hear about things that are mostly practiced in the North? What would that include?

[This message was edited by JB on 07-19-10 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The death penalty is mostly practiced in the South as well. How come we never hear about things that are mostly practiced in the North? What would that include?

Making fun of things that are practiced in the South. And, apparently, sending moles into Southern media outlets to support the mission.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That doesn't seem very clever of the North.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JB:

[This message was edited by JB on 07-19-10 at .]

As part of the negotiations following the Civil War, they agreed not to catfish noodle in the North if we promised not to export the banjo and those who love it up yonder ways.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Texas may join Missouri in legalizing noodling, aka "handfishing."

HB 2189

[This message was edited by Shannon Edmonds on 03-08-11 at .]

Posts: 2424 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will this result in a flood of Okies across the border? Confused

Posts: 51 | Location: Throckmorton County, Texas | Registered: March 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The results may not be as impressive as dynamiting but noodling certainly is a colorful occcupation--and surely much fairer.

Posts: 444 | Location: Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: January 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The thing I love about this forum is that I learn something new everytime I read it! Not being into the sport, I never heard of noodling and its legality would have never occurred to me--although as a young ADA in Brazos Co,I learned you can't blow the fish out of the water when we had a deputy fish with dynomite.

Posts: 74 | Location: Hempstead, TX USA | Registered: February 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mike Leggett of the Statesman gives his two cents about the sport of champions.

http://www.statesman.com/sports/outdoors/nothing-wrong-with-a-little-noodling-1439000.html

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amid the budget drama of the day, senators had a few moments of levity when they brought up the "noodling" bill, which would legalize the practice of hand-fishing for catfish.

Details.

[This message was edited by JB on 05-19-11 at .]

posted Hide Post
So if noodling becomes legal, does this mean that Brumley, A.P. and Erik will be noodling at the Annual update, sortof like the golf tourney is held now?

posted Hide Post
We could have a noodlin' tournament.

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geez, what's wrong with you city boys' spelling?
"ternamint" is proper in the grappling vernacular.

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry AP, my spel cheker was doun

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Even Republicans noodle:

Rep. Ryan said he planned to head to Oklahoma on Sunday and take his children fishing on Lake Texoma, then indulge in another favorite activity in the afternoon: “I’m going to go out with some of my Okie friends, and I’m going to do something that I’ve been doing for a number of years, and that’s called noodling catfish.

“And I want to say something to you Texans — because you understand freedom, you now legally recognize a man’s right to catch a catfish with his own bare hands.”

Details.