TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    www.pervertedjustice.com
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

www.pervertedjustice.com Login/Join 
posted
Anyone seen or used any cases ginned up by these folks? They basically troll the internet for child abusers, from what I can tell.

Posts: 273 | Registered: January 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Those are the guys behind all the 20/20 and Dateline cyber crime series. I haven't seen any of their cases other than transcripts of some of their chats.

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I know they did a sting in my home town (Kansas City). There was no follow up by the authroties. However, I know on the last "Dateline" sting, the Florida Attorney's General Office was involved and they prosecuted these individuals.

This was a few months ago, so I'm sure everyone entered a plea.

Posts: 20 | Registered: April 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks...I just haven't heard about any difficulties prosecuting cases behind their investigations. Time will tell. I have to say, I didn't mind that TV show about these guys showing up at a house full of reporters. That "public shame" kind of thing may be just the right way to go with this problem....

Posts: 273 | Registered: January 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Purely second hand hersay but I have heard of some "issues" with their initial cases. I don't want to post them but if you will email me I can tell you what I "heard".

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post