TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Is peeing in someone's drink a crime?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is peeing in someone's drink a crime? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Allison wins the prize.

I didn't see David Cassidy, Allison. But, I did get to see Ben Cartwright and the rest of the Bonanza clan at the Astrodome durine the rodeo, racing to the edge of the arena and shake hands as they drove by in their big Cadillac with Longhorns on hood. I'm pretty sure they didn't sing, though, so I wonder just what they did for a show. The girls all screamed for Little Joe.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allison Wetzel:
John, that would be "Somebody Wants to Love You."

Other great PF songs included "I Can Hear Your Heartbeat," "I Woke Up in Love This Morning," and "Point Me In the Direction of Albuquerque."

One of the most thrilling events of my childhood was seeing David Cassidy at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. He wore an Elvis-style white fringed jumpsuit and rode around the Astrodome in a convertible.

Allison beat me to it. I too was a big fan of the Partridge family. In fact, one of my most embarrassing moments as an adult came as I was buying some cd's at a sound warehouse in Houston in about 1989-1990. I had some great classics selected on CD's...some led zep, some Jimmy Buffett and some Santana, and I was also buying the cd release of the partridge family's first album released on cd. I encountered some longtime friends in the checkout line, who were perusing my selections and then they saw the Partridge Family CD. To say they were bemused, disappointed and surprised is an understatement.

But yeah, I was at the Bonanza rodeo appearance also.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But, when I was in elementary school, my dad took me to see Cher at the Houston rodeo, circa "Half Breed," in full Indian regalia.
It must have had quite an impact on me, since that song(and, of course, Gypsies Tramps & Thieves) is on my IPod and I eagerly await her very, very last, she really means it this time, final show before retirement!

Posts: 280 | Registered: October 24, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Allison, I saw David Cassidy at the Livestock Show also. And, as long as I'm telling my deepest secrets, my first LP was "The Partridge Family Album". Whew. I feel so much better getting this off my chest.

Posts: 77 | Location: Nacogdoches County, Texas | Registered: April 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't remember my first LP, but my first 45 single was Del Shannon's "Runaway." It's still great! I downloaded it from I-tunes recently.

Janette Ansolabehere
(now approaching the big "60")

Posts: 674 | Location: Austin, Texas, United States | Registered: March 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lisa Tanner:
But, when I was in elementary school, my dad took me to see Cher at the Houston rodeo, circa "Half Breed," in full Indian regalia.
It must have had quite an impact on me, since that song(and, of course, Gypsies Tramps & Thieves) is on my IPod and I eagerly await her very, very last, she really means it this time, final show before retirement!

When I was in my pre-teens, my younger sister drove me CRAZY listening to that song on 45 a million times.

I was much more into cool artists like the beatles, CCR, and the Partridge Family. And the odd pop hit like Amos Moses by Jerry Reed. Or Brandy by Looking Glass.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hadn't thought about that song in years! great song. What a flashback that was. I'll probably be hearing that song in my head for days.

My records/tapes/CD's have always been James Taylor, except for a rare Santa Claus present of the Bee Gees.

Posts: 71 | Location: Henderson, Texas | Registered: June 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So I am not tempted to talk on the cell phone during my 45 minute commute my cd player has three cd's of hits from the 70's, a Steppenwolf cd, a Queen cd, and The Righteous Brothers.

If daddy wasn't exposing me to the music of Willie, Waylon, Merle, Porter, Johnny and June, and Dollie. And don't even try to talk about the various Cajun bands. Mom was exposing me to the music of Ray Charles, Toussant McCall, Aretha Franklin, Pearl Bailey, Eartha Kitt, and, of course, the Blue Eyed Soul of the Righteous Brothers.

I am fairly certain I can not be normal.

[This message was edited by Gordon LeMaire on 08-15-06 at .]

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
Or Brandy by Looking Glass.

One of the Top 10 "One Hit Wonders" of all time!

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was at the David Cassidy rodeo show as well but my mom and my sister enjoyed it much more than I did. I actually have the first two PF albums. Most kids in my elementary school thought that they were much cooler than the Brady Bunch (both shows were on Friday night before Room 222 and Love American Style) and could sing much better. It's a shame the reruns didn't hold up as well as the Brady's did.

Posts: 17 | Location: Orange, TX | Registered: March 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Now someone out there has to admit to making "Patches" their favorite song of that time.

By the way, we are pretty close to a quorum on putting together a rodeo reunion.

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Joe Bob Johnson:
I was at the David Cassidy rodeo show as well but my mom and my sister enjoyed it much more than I did. I actually have the first two PF albums. Most kids in my elementary school thought that they were much cooler than the Brady Bunch (both shows were on Friday night before Room 222 and Love American Style) and could sing much better. It's a shame the reruns didn't hold up as well as the Brady's did.

Friday night was the big night when I was in fifth grade. I was taking drum lessons and thought it horrible that the Partridge family was lip syncing and not really playing their instruments. All my fifth grade friends would gather at one of our houses to watch these great shows, and more than one parent turned off the tv during love american style when it got too racy!

Songs chosen for the recorded material included material by Carole King, Paul Anka, Rupert Holmes, Neil Sedaka, John Lennon, Paul McCartney, Gerry Goffin, Cynthia Weil, Barry Mann, Terry Cashman and Tommy West.

Guests on the popular TV series features appearances by a slew of already familiar actors and others who would go on to greater fame, including Gordon Jump (WKRP in Cincinnati), Harry Morgan (M*A*S*H), Farrah Fawcett (Charlie's Angels), Rosemary DeCamp (That Girl), Jack Riley (The Bob Newhart Show), Jaclyn Smith (Charlie's Angels), Pat Harrington (One Day at a Time), Vic Tayback (Alice), Morey Amsterdam (The Dick Van Dyke Show), Jackie Coogan (The Addams Family), Stuart Margolin (The Rockford Files), Dick Clark, William Schallert (The Patty Duke Show), Mark Hamill (Star Wars), Richard Mulligan (Soap), Richard Pryor (The Richard Pryor Show), Louis Gossett, Jr., Annette O'Toole (Smallville), Michael Ontkean (Twin Peaks), and even Johnny Cash

Although David Cassidy and Shirley Jones were the only Partridges actually singing on the records, the studio musicians were LA's finest, having contributed to many of the top 40 hits of the day.
Musicians included guitarists Tommy Tedesco and Larry Carlton; dummer Hal Blaine, Larry Knechtal (who played on Simon and Garfunkel's "Bridge Over Troubled Water"), Jim Gordon, who later co-wrote "Layla" with Eric Clapton. and famed pianist, composer and arranger Mike Melvoin.

Cassidy, including his Partridge Family efforts, has amassed sales of 25 million records, according to Warner Music. Between 1970 and 1975, membership in Cassidy's official fan club was greater than that of either The Beatles (who officially split in 1970) or Elvis Presley.

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 08-15-06 at .]

[This message was edited by Greg Gilleland on 08-15-06 at .]

posted Hide Post
Anyone who has Sirius satellite radio and listens to the 70's station knows they have a Jukebox from Hell. Some songs are deserving of that status (The Candy Man and most Helen Reddy songs) and some are not (Billy, Don't Be a Hero). Patches, believe it or not, is in the Jukebox from Hell. I almost cancelled my subscription. A terrible injustice.

Posts: 17 | Location: Orange, TX | Registered: March 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A song that does not easily leave your mind! Right up there with Terry Jacks "Seasons in the Sun." Love 'em or hate 'em, they are durable!

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mr. Bradley should be proud. The thread has come full circle. It began with peeing in a drink and comes around to Black Sabbath and Ozzy. We all know what Ozzy peed on.

posted Hide Post
Well, now I have "Seasons in the Sun" playing in the back of my head. That may be a crime worse than peeing in someone's drink. Thanks a lot.

Posts: 366 | Location: Plainview, Hale County | Registered: January 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post