TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Courthouse defibrilators
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Courthouse defibrilators Login/Join 
posted
Does your courthouse have these lifesaving devices? Over a year ago, Collin County installed several defibrilators in the courthouses. I haven't heard that they have been used yet, but good to know they are there (located visibly behind smashable glass panels).

[URL=http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/431141.html]

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a couple in Tarrant County.

Posts: 341 | Location: Tarrant County, Texas | Registered: August 24, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If John Deere don't make 'em, forget it!

Posts: 736 | Location: Sweetwater TX | Registered: January 30, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like the Kubota color myself, but I think ours are Case red (that's the color of the cover's light anyway). Maybe there are some in New Holland blue too. Package them as agricultural necessities--unfortunately, even rural types get struck by heart attacks.

[This message was edited by John Stride on 04-25-06 at .]

[This message was edited by John Stride on 04-26-06 at .]

Posts: 532 | Location: McKinney, Tx | Registered: June 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Don't forget, if you ever have a serious security problem, defibrilators make a fine emergency weapon. The trick is to get in close enough to the raging madman with both paddles charged and ready to go.

Posts: 114 | Location: Bryan, Texas, USA | Registered: January 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The defibrilators were virtually all the security we had in our courthouses until the current construction of the metal detectors and surrounding paraphernalia!!

posted Hide Post
A few weeks ago I ran across an article detailing the plea agreement for an EMT who had "defibrilated" his partner as a prank. I can't recall if he pled to reckless or negligent homicide......

Posts: 723 | Location: Fort Worth, TX, USA | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I suppose we need to be aware the defibrilators could be used against courthouse personnel too. And with metal detectors operating, the defibs might be the only "weapon" available inside courthouses for a crazed person.

posted Hide Post
I hope that everyone who has these life saving devices in their courthouses will take the time to learn how to use them correctly. As a frequent visitor to the courthouse, and one who is predisposed to "potentially" needing one of these devices, MY life may depend on you....so please, if your County offers a course on these, take it.

Posts: 70 | Location: Ft. Worth, Texas | Registered: October 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post