TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    immediate precursors
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

immediate precursors Login/Join 
posted
Under 481.124 of the Controlled Substances Act, the unlawful transport of immediate precursors is a crime. The definition of immediate precursor states that the commissioner will designate these substances. My problem is that I cannot find where he or she has done this. Does anyone out there know?

Posts: 3 | Location: Abilene, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No but I have had the same question raised by a defense attorney. Someone will help us I'm sure.

Posts: 334 | Location: Beeville, Texas., USA | Registered: September 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Immediate precursors are contained inside the Schedules of Controlled Substances that the Commissioner publishes in the Texas Register from time to time. To obtain a PDF of the most recent Schedules, go to http://www.tdh.state.tx.us/bfds/dmd/documents/statutes/state/schedule2002.PDF

You will notice that within the various schedules, are included references to precursors. Pay particular attention to Schedule II, which includes Schedule II pecursors for amphetamine, methamphetamine and PCP.

Happy web surfing.

[This message was edited by Dan Bradley on 05-07-02 at .]

Posts: 374 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The last information I had on the subject of the "commissioner" designating things such as Schedules suggested contacting the Texas Department of Health, Bureau of Food and Drug Safety, 1100 West 49th St., Austin, TX 78756 or calling 512-719-0237.

Good luck as you launch into the world of the Texas register and bureaucracy. I'll be interested to see on this site if you get a worthwhile response,

Stephen

Posts: 78 | Location: Belton, Texas | Registered: May 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After I downloaded the schedules, I called the Dept. of Health and spoke to Karen Tannert. She told me that the commissioner has not designated ANY immediate precursors. She did say that they were meeting with the DPS but that it could take some time before any list was developed. I guess the reality is that we are going to have to find anhydrous ammonia or chemicals subject to regulation under 481.077 before we can use 481.124

Posts: 3 | Location: Abilene, Texas, U.S.A. | Registered: May 07, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know if the "commissioner" has designated any yet?

Posts: 38 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: March 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post