TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Things that are "Just not right" thread
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Things that are "Just not right" thread Login/Join 
posted
We have the naked thread, the last words and other continuing threads. Here's another contender, for things that shock and dismay even experienced prosecutors.

I'm starting this new thread for all of those things that are "just not right". This initial story clip is also a good candidate for the popular news column "News of the Weird" catagory of "People that are not like us".

The AP headline says:

Texas teens tell police they converted skull into bong

HOUSTON � Three teenagers were arrested after two of them told police they dug up a secluded grave north of Houston, removed the skull from the coffin and converted it into a marijuana bong.

Police found a grave in the city of Humble that had been disturbed, but were still investigating the rest of the teens' story, Houston police Sgt. John Chomiak said.

See the rest here:

http://www.statesman.com/news/content/shared-gen/ap/National/Corpse_Abuse_Charges.html

And from the Houston Chronicle:

The Kingwood teenager's story of decapitating a corpse and using the head to smoke marijuana was so outlandish that at first Houston Police Department senior police officer Jim Adkins did not believe it.

Yet, Kevin Wade Jones Jr., 17, appeared almost indifferent as he relayed the bizarre description of his and two friends' activities at an Humble area graveyard, Adkins said.

"I just doubted it because it's very morbid, and I couldn't see anybody doing something like this," Adkins said Thursday.

Not until police went to the home of another Kingwood 17-year-old, Matthew Richard Gonzalez, did the officer believe the tale.

"He regurgitated in his plate of food when I asked him about it," Adkins said. "So I knew there was some truth to the story."

Here's the Chronicle story:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5764886.html

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Is that why they are called "head" shops? Big Grin

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not until police went to the home of another Kingwood 17-year-old, Matthew Richard Gonzalez, did the officer believe the tale.

"He regurgitated in his plate of food when I asked him about it," Adkins said. "So I knew there was some truth to the story."

I think the regurgitation will be admissible at his trial. Call it an excited sputterance. See Marles v. State, 919 S.W.2d. 669.

Posts: 245 | Location: Austin, Texas | Registered: July 08, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
As these crooks were clothed, this sort of skullduggery could occur in Williamson county.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't know -- the medical marijuana people tell me that smoking weed eases nausea rather than causes it. Then again, if his "plate of food" was a big bag of Cheetos, two packages of Ding-Dongs, and a large Domino's pizza, they just might have their man ...

Wink

Posts: 2425 | Location: TDCAA | Registered: March 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
by a seal.

One summer morning, scientists observing elephant seals on a beach on Marion Island near the Antarctic spotted a young male Antarctic fur seal subduing a king penguin.

"At first we thought it was hunting the penguin, but then it became clear that his intentions were rather more amorous," de Bruyn recalled today via email.

MSNBC article

Posts: 2137 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will we be prosecuting the arbitrary killing of flora?

The Silent Scream of the Asparagus

Posts: 104 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I was a young prosecutor in the DA office in San Angelo (1984, I think) there was a guy who lived on some acreage and had some horses. Several times a week he would come home and find one of his horses tied to a fence with bailing wire. He finally set up a hidden camera and caught his neighbor having his way with the horse. The neighbor was a juvenile, so I was the one who prosecuted him. The horse, well, she was a pretty little filly.

Posts: 170 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least he didn't blind the horse. Peter Shaffer would be disappointed.

Posts: 764 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: November 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
HOLYHEAD, Wales - A man who dressed up as Darth Vader, wearing a garbage bag for a cape, and assaulted the founders of a group calling itself the Jedi church was given a suspended sentence Tuesday.

. . .

Hughes claimed he couldn't remember the incident, having drunk the better part of a 2 1/2-gallon (10-liter) box of wine beforehand.

The rest of the article

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Forfeit his light saber he must. Powerful the dark side is, but an illegal weapon is an illegal weapon. Closely listen should you all. A powerful ally the force is, but you people really need a date. A real one; not a group pilgrimage to The Clone Wars when released it is.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I didn't know Paul Giamatti played Yoda.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
In the 2001 United Kingdom census, 390,000 � 0.7 percent of the population � listed Jedi as their religion.

I believe there's a 'John' around here that should weigh in.

posted Hide Post
Now I know why The Force always seems to be with Brumley...

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
By popular demand ("popular demand" being Newell's suggestion in another thread):

This just ain't right

Posts: 1089 | Location: UNT Dallas | Registered: June 29, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Perhaps he belongs to the Church of the Sith.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Gretchen, are you really calling David "popular"?

Posts: 1116 | Location: Waxahachie | Registered: December 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Andrea's right.

David Newell is clown shoes. Wink

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gretchen:
By popular demand ("popular demand" being Newell's suggestion in another thread):

http://modblog.bmezine.com/2006/12/30/patricks-implant-and-piercings/<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My favorite response about "Patrick's Implant and Piercings" is the first one, I mean, what more can you say?

57 Responses to �Patrick�s Implant and Piercings�

1. Its strange how his face dosn�t look cluttered even though there is so much going on..
Ruth on December 30th, 2006 at 11:25 pm

Well, I wonder what it would take to shock Ruth?

On a different matter, how could Newell NOT be extremely popular?

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greg Gilleland:
On a different matter, how could Newell NOT be extremely popular?

Well, he's no Scott Brumley.