TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    The Cocaine vaccination in the news again
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Cocaine vaccination in the news again Login/Join 
posted
MSNBC link

If they could do this for meth and for oxycontin too . . . I can't even begin to think what our dockets might be like. Imagine effective drug treatment that did not depend (in whole or large part) on the willingness of the treated to change their life.

Take it one step further . . . after that DWI 3rd, give them an alcohol vaccination.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If we could take it a few steps further perhaps a vaccination against all crime is possible!

JAS

Posts: 586 | Location: Denton,TX | Registered: January 08, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Did you ever read or see A Clockwork Orange?

If you accept the premise that addiction is a disease, then the notion that a shot that treats it makes sense. Do you accept the premise that criminality itself is a disease? I dunno.

The cocaine vaccination makes sense to me. It forms chemicals that affect certain parts of the brain. The shot makes the brain immune, just like the smallpox vaccination made people immune to that virus.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'd be interested in reading up on the tobacco version, except I'm kinda funny about messing with my brain chemistry. Old age is doing enough of that already. Eek

Posts: 137 | Location: Corsicana, TX | Registered: May 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post