TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Texas Sized Egg on Face
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Sized Egg on Face Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Just another brick in the wall....

Posts: 751 | Location: Huntsville, Tx | Registered: January 31, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
A.P., you shine on you crazy diamond,you.

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Like Kathleen, as a line prosecutor, I come to this site to receive INTELLIGENT and experienced insight into issues in prosecution I face daily.

Some posters can't seem to adhere to that standard

"...they think it's ok to take a SWAT team and army tank..." Neither of which to the best of my understanding were ever actually on the property but held at a staging area in case the need arose. Hmmmm, need for such armament when dealing with a religious cult/sect? Surely Waco was an isolated incident where law enforcement was endangered that would never happen again. Besides who of those posters would care? The ones at risk are only incompetent law enforcement officers anyway.

What I find repugnant is I recently published a novel and requested the forum provide a notice to advise members who know me or were interested that a fellow prosecutor got published and was told that since some members might be offended they could not grant the request.

Yet, those who invade this site to express their slighted views that do not support law enforcement nor prosecution, I have to suffer through.

Well, I guess I gulped the bait right down...

Posts: 26 | Location: Nacogdoches, Texas, USA | Registered: December 04, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's a Cruel, Crazy Beautiful World. Johnny Clegg.

Details.

By the way, is anyone out there headed to the New Orleans Jazz Fest over the next two weekends?

[This message was edited by JB on 04-24-08 at .]

Posts: 7860 | Location: Georgetown, Texas | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
For RTC:

Monster, Steppenwolf

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
David, I know this is pathetic but I looked through my iTunes and this seemed perfect: "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" by the Beatles.

Posts: 62 | Location: Richmond, Texas, USA | Registered: May 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That's frakkin' awesome. (That was the second song I learned on the guitar.) I wish I'd thought of that!

[This message was edited by David Newell on 04-24-08 at .]

Posts: 1243 | Location: houston, texas, u.s.a. | Registered: October 19, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The female singer in the 1st Edition video is Thelma Camacho. She was booted from the band because she couldn't seem to find her way to gigs, rehersals, recording studios, etc. Auditions for her spot were narrowed to two: Mary Arnold, who got the job, and an unknown, developing talent by the name of Karen Carpenter.

I remain open to 60s-70s rock trivia challenges from your resident trivia guru - Internet unassisted, of course.

Posts: 60 | Location: Austin, TX US | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dickson must be psychic, as I was wondering who that singer was when I watched that video. Man, Kenny looks like he's had too much Kenny Rogers Chicken in that video, as he seems bedazzled by the psychodelic light show going on around him.

As does Thelma.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fred Felcman:
David, I know this is pathetic but I looked through my iTunes and this seemed perfect: "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away" by the Beatles.

The most appropriate theme song for the ranch would be the Stone's sixties tune "Stray Cat Blues". This song is not to be confused with the much later "stray cat strut" by the Stray Cats. Two different songs.

From wiki:

Stray Cat Blues" is the eighth song on the Rolling Stones' album Beggar's Banquet. It was written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards and produced by Jimmy Miller.

The lyrics were considered very controversial for 1968, and are even considered risque by many today. The song is told from the perspective of a man pining after a 15 year old girl, reasoning that he will violate her because "it's no hanging matter, it's no capital crime".

A live performance was captured during the Stones' American Tour 1969 and released on the 1970 live album Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out! but, unlike the studio version, it is very slow and mellow sounding. Additionally, the lyrics are more provocative as the girl's age was changed to 13.

Posts: 2578 | Location: The Great State of Texas | Registered: December 26, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just FYI, the so called tank was an ex Army M-113 Armored personel carrier, powered by a six cylinder diesel engine, weighing approximately 11-13 tons. The armor is an aluminum/magnesium mix and can be penetrated by 7.62mm armor piercing, or regular .50 caliber ball ammo. I had four of them under my command when I was in the Army in the 80's.

Why people call things a tank that are not a tank is beyond me.

Again, would not the "good Faith" doctrine apply in this situation?

Posts: 5 | Location: Guadalupe County, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
From the Rush album Moving Pictures, a snippet from "Witch Hunt":

"Those who know what's best for us
must rise and save us from ourselves."

To those who are waiting for more modern references, I'm sorry. I couldn't find any Disturbed or Theory of a Dead Man that would fit. And any hip-hop newer than Public Enemy doesn't even show up on my radar.

Posts: 1233 | Location: Amarillo, Texas, USA | Registered: March 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't know, "Down With The Sickness" seems to fit.

posted Hide Post
Is no one else as shocked as I am that Fred not only knows what an itune is, but has them !!

GG, David how could you let that slip by ?

Posts: 641 | Location: Longview, Texas | Registered: October 10, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To bad Aerosmith's "Janie Got a Gun" wouldn't apply

Posts: 956 | Location: Cherokee County, Rusk, Tx | Registered: July 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stacey L. Brownlee:
Is no one else as shocked as I am that Fred not only knows what an itune is, but has them !!

Keep it to yourself. He may go back to vinyl.

(P.S.-You can actually get Bubble Puppy on iTunes.)

[This message was edited by David Newell on 04-25-08 at .]

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stacey L. Brownlee:

I was trying to have respect for my elders.

posted Hide Post
What is a 'bubble puppy'?

Posts: 79 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great Balls of Fire, no discussion of music and child brides is complete without a mention of R. Kelly

Posts: 689 | Registered: March 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Okay, now that the musical wisdom of RUSH has been invoked, I'm going to pay more attention. As it is Friday, and this thread has morphed so far away from what offal it once was, how about killing it dead dead dead?

Aside from that, I move that TDCAA adopt a forum hosting system that allows a user to ignore posters that don't meet that user's criterion for worthiness. I used to post on a good site that had that feature. Infopop seems a little long in the tooth, and the private forum features don't work worth beans. The ability to ignore folks works much better than thread hijacking, shout downs, etc.

Of course, if you ask someone about your post, and they say they didn't see it, what does it say about you?

And I don't want to hear none of youse guys trying to do your Geddy Lee impersonation, either.

Posts: 2138 | Location: McKinney, Texas, USA | Registered: February 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post