TDCAA    TDCAA Community  Hop To Forum Categories  Criminal    Impersonating a federal law enforcement agent...
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Impersonating a federal law enforcement agent... Login/Join 
posted
I hope I'm missing something here but we have a situation where an individual pretended to be a federal law enforcement agent and tried to get someone to submit to his pretended official authority. It appears that section 37.11 won't cover this since "public servant" is defined as an officer, employee, or agent of government. "Government" seems to cover only state, county, municipal, etc., not the federal government. Please tell me I'm missing something... I don't think I can get the feds interested if it's only a federal crime.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think you are right. What about PC Sec. 37.12, which is only a Class B but gies you something to charge?

Posts: 1029 | Location: Fort Worth, TX | Registered: June 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It, too, would also depend on how this person acted. The federal elements are diffferent than the state elements for imperssonation. What are the circumstances and I could give you a better response?

Posts: 234 | Location: Texas | Registered: October 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks, Ken. That might work.

Posts: 276 | Location: Liberty County, Texas | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RTC, can you email me with a phone #? distattorney@co.liberty.tx.us. I'd rather not put a lot of details on a public forum. Thanks.